Tsukiiro no Invader - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Flying Object Sea-Slug X

Group Leader
@Epicredeemer @Qelix

Here, have a present from the Mangaka’s Twitter

6fvasw.jpeg

Also, I’m pretty sure scorpion nurse will be a recurring character.

Dex-chan lover
wow, this makes way too much sense. One of the big problems with the Fermi paradox was that it completely misunderstands the requirements for space travel and assumes that a space fairing species would behave like us, constantly warring, expanding, and building empires. However, to travel from star system to star system, you have to be able to build an effective ark that's self contained and able to support all life for extended periods of time without any additional resources. In other words, the main reason for galactic wars and empires goes away once you can actually have them. Any space fairing species would look incredibly peaceful and probably isolationist compared to ours as they would be past any resource problems that would drive a sizable portion of their population to violence. On top of that, violent ones among their kind wouldn't get any benefit from attacking others as any resources gained would have been unnecessary for them in the first place, leaving only hostility and threats to their life as their gain.

No exposition, goes straight to premise with no build-up. Already looks like a PP fodder manga.

@Meridis

Or, alternatively, long-range space travel is so prohibitively resource-intensive that no one has successfully accomplished it. Or that other species have been more warlike and wiped themselves out before the dawn of man. Or the space version of the Columbian exchange kills them off before they can establish themselves offworld.

There's endless explanations why, if ETs exist, we haven't seen them.

Dex-chan lover
@LovinSqueeze

that's what the Fermi paradox DOES cover. My point was that if a society had the resources to pull off interstellar travel, because it IS resource prohibited and would require that they can maintain a set amount of resources to support life on top of fuel in an enclosed space for a large colonizing population for decades or centuries, which would mean you never needed the benefits of colonizing in the first place. I'm saying that even without the things mentioned in the Fermi paradox, including what you mentioned, being a problem it still wouldn't matter as they wouldn't have a desire for more resources which is the actual drive behind empire-building.

Double-page supporter
I'm glad the original girl isn't dead dead. If the alien was just puppeting the corpse of the girl that MC was in love with then that would just skeev me out way too much to keep reading.

Dex-chan lover
Ahh, Scorpion nurse is always a classic. :3

*Is an alien from the big boobs lover planet and the 8th star (That is to say, I'm a Scorpio)*

Users who are viewing this thread