Tsukikage Baby

Just read chapter 36. Even though I knew how awesome a mangaka Kodama Sensei is, it blew me away. I have read it at least eight or nine times since it was posted. She never ceases to amaze me and pull the rug out from under me. A true creative genius!

Surprised I made it all the way to chapter 40. The cringe levels were extremely high and, while I can praise the old man for genuinely treating her like a daughter and not going down the sick and depraved Usagi Drop route, this manga really leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Poor dude (mc) literally only gets to be with this woman, simply due to the fact the 'uncle' was actually a good person. Were it not for that fact, the girl would never have loved him, and he would just be another cuck... Bleh.

Lmao, I got marked for not labeling this comment as a spoiler.

Thank you... it's a beautiful beautiful manga!! I cried a river binge-reading it through the end. Thank you scanlator!!! ♥♥♥

Kodama Yuki has never come close to disappointing me. Her manga is some of the finest out there. I am really hoping that there is another of her wonderful stories waiting in the wings for our fearless and tireless scanlators to bring to monolingual idiots like me.

Such a beautiful manga. The mood at the beginning really captured me, and the main mc was a great character to be introduce to the story. I wish we went back to his pov a bit more later. All the characters feel real and complex, even when they're not in it very much. I love the fact that it wasn't just about the romance, if anything the romance was more in the background, or just part of the many other relationships connecting all the characters. The way friendship is portrayed is truly beautiful.

This was a pretty enjoyable manga but doesnt come close to Sakamichi no Apollon for me. The romance was just unrealistic I mean she spent the entire series chasing after the MC's uncle, got rejected and then suddenly fell for him in the last 3 chapters. When really they only ended up together because the uncle is a good guy and wouldn't screw over his nephew like that.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Fed-Kun's army
@MaahirJ You're sot supposed to put unmarked spoiler in this thread. So it would be best if you mark it or put it in the last chapter's comment thread instead.

this story is really beautiful and emotional, I cried a lot because the story touched my heart. and the concept of the story really unique. after I read this manga, I looked for the owara dance performance and its really beautiful. thanks to the author and the translator that I could experienced such wonderful time reading this manga.

I'm sorry for my bad english :")

Spoilers for near the end.
The part where her mother talks about how scared she is to die fucking broke my heart. That’s so fucking real, raw, and powerful.

The uncle deserves more praise than he got not because he rejected some high school girl but because she resembles so much to her mother. He probably is indecisive, a moron and dense but he atleast a real good guy unlike most of middle-aged men do

Also have you guys noticed
how the male lead is so opposite to his uncle? The male lead was straightforward with his words, take actions on time and never was afraid to confront the issue. Even when he knew he would be rejected he still choose to confess his love.

The sick mother really had the worst life.
She was in love with a guy who absolutely never was considered about her and their relationship even when she was about to marry a rich guy even though she didn't wanted to. Her family disowned her because she finally ran away and married to someone else. Skip to few years and she is back at her hometown with her daughter and who does she met? Her ex boyfriend. After lots of problems she finally got together with the ex and at the same time she also found out that she has cancer. Even after her death she was being hated by the town she lived all her life and if that's not enough, even her daughter hated her. There's no amount to words i have to express how much pitiful and sad life she had.

Users who are viewing this thread