Tsuma, Shougakusei ni Naru. - Vol. 11 Ch. 83

Dex-chan lover
Well this chapter was the gutpunch I think we all knew it would be.

Dex-chan lover
Wow is that a shitty way for him to look at it. You should feel guilty. Because even if you didn't ask for this your existence is still dooming some poor innocent kid who never asked or consented to any of this to non-existence in the void for as long as you've body-jacked him. Thinking "fate willed this so it's fine if I keep on going" is basically absolving yourself of responsibility for something that he himself acknowledge is in large part tied to his own mental state (ie if he recognizes that he's fulfilled his goals and fixed his regrets he can/will move on)

I have a feeling Takae will accept that she can't stay because of that logic (and likely because as a mother she can't imagine depriving a child for her own selfishness) and will use her remaining time to straighten things out with her family and push her husband to give co-worker girl another shot because he can't just hang on for her forever even if she wasn't stealing the existence of an elementary schooler.

Dex-chan lover
Wow is that a shitty way for him to look at it. You should feel guilty. Because even if you didn't ask for this your existence is still dooming some poor innocent kid who never asked or consented to any of this to non-existence in the void for as long as you've body-jacked him. Thinking "fate willed this so it's fine if I keep on going" is basically absolving yourself of responsibility for something that he himself acknowledge is in large part tied to his own mental state (ie if he recognizes that he's fulfilled his goals and fixed his regrets he can/will move on)

I have a feeling Takae will accept that she can't stay because of that logic (and likely because as a mother she can't imagine depriving a child for her own selfishness) and will use her remaining time to straighten things out with her family and push her husband to give co-worker girl another shot because he can't just hang on for her forever even if she wasn't stealing the existence of an elementary schooler.
and after feel guilty, how he is supposed to fix that situation, in your opinion?

Dex-chan lover
and after feel guilty, how he is supposed to fix that situation, in your opinion?

I don't know if there's a way to fix it short of sorting out your regrets and not just possessing some kid anymore, but step one is actually feeling guilty. Sure, one could argue that you don't technically accomplish anything purely through the guilt but acting like you're fine is pretty callous and selfish. Especially since he pretty much says that he understands he can stick around as long as he has regrets and that the last time he felt as if he had fulfilled his purpose (ie his novel became successful) he faded away and the kid came back (years after the fact in his case). That means he KNOWS he's in control of this. So his "if this is what fate wants who am I to argue?" attitude is totally obviously self-serving.

Takae seemed to respond subtly negatively to him accepting that he thinks he's supposed to be here/allowed to be here as long as he still regrets something and seemed genuinely freaked out by the fact that she's stealing Marika's life from her. So I think that while we may not see the author guy confront his own problems, I believe that the buildup on her end will be using a bit more time to sort out her life and then the ending will be her letting go and saying goodbye so that Marika can have her own life back with a better relationship with her mom and with new family friends willing to look out for and help her in Takae's family.

Help the husband move on and accept that he can't pine after her regardless of whether she's gone or in the body of an elementary school girl (cause that's super freaking creepy, sitting there and staring at the proverbial clock until the moment it's not longer legally/morally objectionable to date/marry her) and push him to give a chance to a second love with his coworker who is, by every account and observation, really nice. Help Mai get ready for her wedding and moving out to start her own life without feeling like she has to stay and keep her dad afloat while he drowns in his misery. Help Chika figure out proper balance in her life so that Marika has a stable home environment and the two of them can patch things up.

That's the path forward and yeah it's a bittersweet ending for Takae to let go and move on but that's kind of the whole point of us finding out that this is not true reincarnation but rather is more akin to possession. Because most reincarnation stories tend to go one of three ways 1) The person who is reincarnated is always aware/in control and it can be argued that there never was another version of them to begin with, 2) the person who is reincarnated is still basically the same person before and after getting their memories back so it can be argued that there's no replacement, just possibly greater understanding of how they have the same thoughts/feelings/likes/dislikes as their past lives, or 3) the person who gets replaced when the reincarnator gets their memories was a massive asshole and therefore we don't feel bad about them being swept away because they didn't deserve their life (ie how it goes in most "I was reincarnated as a villain/villainess" isekai type stories. The moment they told us that Marika was a good kid who didn't deserve the crap that happened to her and it was clear that Takae was not simply Marika with more memories but rather a different person at the controls of the body it became clear that there was no endgame with her (Takae) still inhabiting the body without it being really dark.

Dex-chan lover
Nothing can be do honestly, there so many factors and multiple parties that need to be taken into consideration.
and it does not like they can switch back and forth with their will alone.
It more towards their regret.... regret is something that couldn't be erased from memory even if one said they're already move on from that

Contributor
They need to share the body till the end, this is ok i guess, but i hope they are able to communicate to each other, maybe when both sleep.

Dex-chan lover
They need to share the body till the end, this is ok i guess, but i hope they are able to communicate to each other, maybe when both sleep.

They aren't though. The story has established that while one person is running things the other is completely unaware and out of it. Marika came back with no knowledge of what happened in the last year while she was Takae, and then when Takae came back again she had no idea what happened in the few days she was Marika again plus she never had all the memories of being Marika before she awakened the first time.

That's the whole problem here. As long as the "reincarnated"/possessing person is in charge, the person whose body they're using, for all intents and purposes, doesn't exist.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the TL!
Wow that author guy is really having a great time, "I'm ruining someone else's life, but hey, tough luck!"
(it'd make me laugh if his family somehow met a priest/monk and got rid of his spirit)

Considering all we've seen of Takae, she will probably try to sort things out on her end and move on so she can give Marika her life back.
But now we know both Takae and Keisuke are aware of the situation, question is when will they talk to each other about it (or will they?)
It is bittersweet, but I think it's heading in the right direction: finally give peace to people who have been mourning way too long and let them move on. Mai already managed to do it, it is time for Keisuke to do it as well.

Dex-chan lover
God, the 'move on' comments still trigger me:haa:
Why the hell Keisuke needs to move on when Takae is the love of his life and he himself chooses to mourn for her? And yes, people like him who have one everlasting love for one and only person DO EXIST (if the author didn't make him into just another average 'modern' person in the later chapters, of course).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Many people here seem to expect the author guy to go back to afterlife right away when it's already established pretty clearly that he's not in control. He merely has scant idea of how the stuff works, and there's no way to prove it. If satisfaction and/or fulfillment is the key to return the body to the original mind, then the best thing he can do is to make himself satisfied with life as quickly as feasibly possible.

Isn't that what he's doing already, though? Letting go of the burden of guilt allows him to live his 'new' life to the fullest, thus he has a better chance to eventually fulfill his dreams, let go of his regrets, and if the law of the universe wills it, finally return the body to the original mind. I get the point that he should feel bad for body-snatching albeit involuntarily, but I think keeping the guild lingering within his mind would be counterproductive.

We haven't seen his actions much, but if going forward he shows himself to be actively avoiding happiness just for the purpose of keeping the snatched body, that will truly establish his character as a 'villain'. But for now, I'd reserve judgment.

Sorry for the delay, had quite the day and couldn't do more chapters than 1 today. Sorry about that :s
Next chapter comes tomorrow I think, see ya!
Muchas gracias.
Hay un pequeño error en la página 21/25.
"Then why did he lost lose his memories again on the day of the television presentation . . .?"

Fed-Kun's army
God, the 'move on' comments still trigger me:haa:
Why the hell Keisuke needs to move on when Takae is the love of his life and he himself chooses to mourn for her? And yes, people like him who have one everlasting love for one and only person DO EXIST (if the author didn't make him into just another average 'modern' person in the later chapters, of course).
Moving on means to go on with his life, not necessarily finding someone else. Before Takae came back, he was just miserable and a shadow of himself. He can absolutely decide that he will never love anyone else, but still needs to do something, anything with his life.

Users who are viewing this thread