Tsumi to Batsu no Spica - Ch. 5 - The Last Job (2)

Dex-chan lover
How did she track down the arsonist guy that fast?!
I guess I’m just supposed to suspend my disbelief in the manga logic here…
Given how there are a lot of scenes where there are 'paparazzi' harassing suspects and all that, i imagine even if she didn't read the detective's mind/question him, i wouldn't be surprised if it was easy to get access to if the case was published in the newspaper , versus it being a plot point of "he mysteriously disappeared soon after the case" which would make him look too obviously guilty or so

it'd be more unlikely for her to come across someone whose mind she couldn't read unless they also had powers but while it wouldn't be impossible/bad depending on how it's written, if too many ppl have supernatural powers i can imagine it getting convoluted

Group Leader
I guess the ex-detective being the culprit is still a possibility
Yeah think the ex detective is probably the one who did it. And those trophies are his victims. The Anita guy is just weird and a cheater. He also might know the detective is the killer and as the only witness the detective shut him up somehow but the detective is not willing to let him live or something.

Missing Pages Reporter / Double Page Reader
Staff
Super Moderator
I assume the store is a parody of dunkin donuts but wouldn't be surprised if there were some places with simple names like just 'donuts' (tho are the donuts bigger than average
If so, probably just the name. The decor and uniform is much closer to a Mister Donut, which is the most common chain in japan.
IMG-3457.jpg

Furthermore, Dunkin doesn't even operate in Japan (as far as I'm aware):
1726281958701.png

A few Krispy Kremes do exist, but they are pretty rare especially compared to Mister Donut.

You can also compare the signs and uniforms for the obvious similarities:
1726281793934.png
a89e1de7a99c0239daf1d135116520b511419757.jpg

1726282129460.png
caption.jpg

Another fun fact, the "mochi donuts" were first popularized by Mister Donut.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mochi_donut
1024px-Pon_de_wreath_strawberry_flavor_of_Mister_Donut_in_Japan.jpg

I don't really know why I'm bothering to reply on this tbh. But before I knew it, this post ended up here.

P.S. Well, I guess I do hate Dunkin with a passion. imo, their doughnuts suck, and I hate that they've popularized "donut" as a term vs the traditional spelling of "doughnut".
https://writingexplained.org/doughnut-or-donut-difference
Donuts-or-doughnuts.png

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
If so, probably just the name. The decor and uniform is much closer to a Mister Donut, which is the most common chain in japan.
IMG-3457.jpg

Furthermore, Dunkin doesn't even operate in Japan (as far as I'm aware):
View attachment 7728

A few Krispy Kremes do exist, but they are pretty rare especially compared to Mister Donut.

You can also compare the signs and uniforms for the obvious similarities:
View attachment 7725
a89e1de7a99c0239daf1d135116520b511419757.jpg

View attachment 7731
ah, i see, looks nice, i wanna try one of those 'ring' donuts, i think i've seen something similar within some food court of a JP marketplace but they would only accept credit cards versus cash too bad (although usually at donut shops i tend to get the 'breakfast sandwiches' more so than the sweet options)

I like the androgynous? model or so lol with the heart donuts. I wonder if the pokemon stuff is related or just an ad to another store or so like how there's a ramen shop advertising next to it

I think the only 'upside' about dunkin is that they're one of the few that are open past noon (although i suppose if you really crave a donut you can just go to a grocery store since it's not like most just make them to order/are already done by the time you get there versus like a churro place), tho given how cheap a lot of donut shops are i imagine it's not their only job unless it's some older retirees running it as a hobby and not worrying about profits

Users who are viewing this thread