Tsuru Tsuru to Zara Zara no Aida - Vol. 3 Ch. 30 - Camouflage

Dex-chan lover
Oh, come on! It's totally simple. Girl was using younger brother as bait to meet older brother. Older brother showed up with girlfriend with great tracts of land. So to not look pathetic, girl faked that younger brother was her boyfriend. But older brother was only faking having a girlfriend 'cause he knew it had to be bait. And, older brother found out that girl x younger brother was a fake. But girl never found out that other girl x older brother was a fake, so she bought it when younger brother suggested she'd have a chance later if he broke up and was on the rebound. And some other stuff about knowing he was being overheard and so narrowly escaping certain death. And maybe someday girl x younger brother won't be fake after all. See? Totally simple! ?

Power Uploader
Excellent summary. And the younger brother knew he was being overheard because he smelled the awful cologne she was wearing. He commented on the cologne earlier in the chapter. Sometimes I wonder if I should be using simpler English around here, since a lot of the readers are not native English speakers.

Don't worry rpapo ... you just do what you need to and whichever is most comfortable for you to process things. It's your hobby and work after all. We all can adjust to good, bad, comfortable, uncomfortable, etc. tl work if we are really interested in the series, I think. ˆˆ

And on the subject of this chapter, once again I kinda like and don't like Aoi's character - she really is a ... difficult person. Not that I am not, of course. XD

Dex-chan lover
the confusion is over who's speech bubble was who's. basically the conversation itself was hard to follow, not what was being said.

Power Uploader
@starburst98 - As did I as I was working. I did have it reviewed by a native speaker, though, and that corrected some stuff, especially in the section where Manabu was talking about Aoi as if she weren't there, but knowing that she was indeed there. I had Manabu calling himself a fool, when in fact he was calling Aoi foolish.

Dex-chan lover
I think the confusion is the page when she goes to run away all hurt.
She says the line "If you were my girl-friend why didn't you tell me?"
Which is confusing as fuck. Does she mean besties or is she roleplaying as the boyfriend here?
Followed by the Little Brother shouting "I didn't know it was me!"
Which only makes things more confusing.

It would make more sense her saying "If you were my friend why didn't you say so?" followed by "I didn't know either!" Right?

Dex-chan lover
i dont give a fuck about supporting characters romantic interests. Fucking author go back to main couple or fuck off

I feel like being Aoi's boyfriend would be tiring af, both her sisters are chill but damn is her thirst real.

Contributor
The attributed speech bubbles and grammatical person are obviously incorrect. That happens a lot, but this is egregious.

p8: "If he had a girlfriend, how come you never told me?"
p9: "I didn't know either!"
p10: "...since when have you two been dating?" "Huh? We're not dating, though?"

Even without access to the raws, that's the only dialogue that makes sense.

Dex-chan lover
I find this couple to be way more interesting than the main couple. Main couple is a bunch of wet pancakes, these guys at least have some personality.

@truck-kun

Did a quick search for the raws

Aoi: 彼女いるなら if (he) had a girlfriend

Aoi: なんで先に教えてくれないのよ why didn't you tell me before!

Manabu: 俺だってしらなかったんだよ!! because I didn't know!!

So I can see where the mistake happens, also I wouldn't take my translation as gospel either. I'm not very good at Japanese let alone English.

Dex-chan lover
I find both of these characters irritating. Not enough reptiles or amphibians whenever they’re around.

Users who are viewing this thread