Tsuyokute New Saga - Vol. 9 Ch. 84

This chapter is too short and the story of this series was loosing when the tournament arc began.
I want to see how he will obtain the new power to overcome the upcoming disaster. Such as, similar to ordinary Saga he has to investigate how to train/ enhance himself... Some plots in recent chapters could be fine but not really related to his priority mission. Well, it is stupid to say it unrelated but the recent chapters were too short, and long-time between each release. We have troubles with remembering older chapters, so we will see the series as dissension.
Thanks for the chapter. Please continue with your amazing works.

The art quality is bad, chapters are short, takes forever to make new chapters, got no idea where the plot is, I vaguely remember him being a time traveler loool so much for that concept. Dropped.

Double-page supporter
Least its a consistent monthly release, even if its sometimes shorter. The artist is a rather busy person in his 60s afterall. Surprised he still makes manga at that age. Do love his artstyle for some reason.

Once the commander and provisions are taken care of and no one is there to lead the soldiers its pretty much over and they will give up shortly after Maizers actual army joins in. The rain made the chap pretty hard to read though.

Dex-chan lover
> Minagi is on Full Armor.......... Sorry, My mistake. She forgot to wear her armor pants....

Hlz

@Grailm You arent only one.. Protagonist being power inflated is common and overly used trope in fantasy and Isekai mangas and it eventually dooms the story to mediocrity. It just kills the adventure when protagonist basically steamrolls over "adversaries" and laughably stupid writing is rewritten as "witty".. like this overly convenient weather phenomenon allowing them to defeat massive army with 3 people and "magic stones".

Dropped this once, gave it another chance.. now im damn burying this.

Dex-chan lover
@DanielLC: "I'm having a hard time finding hard numbers on the Lyapunov time for weather, but it's generally said to be in hours."
The only stuff I found was:
Introduction
[...] Some examples of Lyapunov times are: chaotic electrical circuits, about 1 millisecond; weather systems, a few days (unproven); [...]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory

and

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2005/11/chaos-and-climate/ and http://mustelid.blogspot.com/2005/10/butterflies-notes-for-post.html

If I interpreted the later 2 articles correctly, following a simulation done with the atmospheric simulator HadAM3, which simulates Earth's atmosphere with 96 × 73 grid points (3.75 × 2.5 degrees in longitude × latitude) spread over Earth's map, showed, that a minimal pressure change (1x10-10 or 1x10-12 (I also have no idea what he change exactly, as he didn't gave any dimension. Maybe he multiplied the pressure by 1+1*10-12. IDK.)) at one grit point "somewhere in the Arctic I think" (author can't remember anymore) indeed had a huge impact in the global pressure system after a few days. Sadly I cant find the HadCM3-simulation-suite anywhere to validate his simulation. As the point was (seemingly) somewhere in the arctic, the surface size of the effected area should also be smaller, then somewhere at the equator. Going by that simulation it is indeed possible, that the weather system changes on a global scale in 10-30 days by such a change. But even if we consider a grid point in near proximity to a pole, we are still talking about a change influencing a surface of the size of around 1000km2. (Latitude 90°-87.5°=2,5° (278km), Longitude 3,75°-0 (0km at 90° Latitude;18km at 87.5°); Triangle surface 278km x 18km / 2 = 2502km2) Those are huge amounts of additional air. Maybe a hydrogen-bomb might have a similar influence, but it takes quite some time for different human-interactions, that arn't aimed at terraforming to reach that level of change. With exponential growth in mind but no exact numbers it is hard to tell if it would take weeks, months or maybe even years.

But after all, that rainstorm could also be a different that happened to take place at the same time. Or it is a missfired weather-control spell or another event in both timelines. Or a god meddled.

Dex-chan lover
@DanielLC

Butterfly effect would matter only if changes are relevant to the system. That strong storm is likely a product of some strong forces in high attitude. I really doubt that change in surface climate would be strong enough that cause some spill over effects on those forces. If it involves space weather then we'd agree that even a nuke level interference might not change the outcome much.

Original butterfly effect is an observation from a climate model, crude one at that if you compare to recent models. Small changes in that probably on the scale of a strong wind and spatial errors in scale of dozens kilometres.

@Qelix

Chaos is exponential. If it takes three days for a change of one part in 1010 to completely change the system, then it would also be enough for a change of one part in 1020 to result in a change of one part in 1010. After 10 days, a one part in 1033 (roughly equivalent to removing the volume of air in a cube 12 nanometers on a side) would be enough to completely change the system. After 15 days, removing a single molecule would be enough. After 30 days, one part in a googol would be enough.

@Kalamel

Everything is relevant to the system. Normally, a lot of things will have negligible effect. For example, if you're trying to calculate how to throw a basketball to get it in the basket, you can ignore the tidal forces from a speck of dust on Pluto. It's not that it doesn't change the system. It just doesn't change it enough for you to care. The problem is that with chaotic systems, any error grows exponentially. If you're dealing with something that's only a few times the Lyapunov time, then small errors won't have grown too much. But when you get to tens or even hundreds of times that, absurdly tiny changes start to matter.

Users who are viewing this thread