Twinstar Cyclone Runaway - Ch. 11 - Oh dear, oh my goodness!!

Dex-chan lover
Short chapter this month with a really unfortunate lack of Terra and Diode.

Perhaps to be expected, but ofc the Clan Chief finds any way he can to undermine their fishing achievement. Rounding 58 down to 50 is so childishly petty I can't help but be impressed. If I caught 69,000 tons in a competition, I would be too busy thinking "nice" to be concerned with anything else.

Next chapter lands on September 20.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Null the tournament? Alright, in that case I'll settle for a neutral option of the good old <fisting the elderly!>. :pacman:

Okay maybe I'm being a little nit-picky over the art but there's just no way in hell the 11 fish he caught weigh more total than their 1 with the difference in sizes as depicted, either his catch should weighed in a lot lower or there's should've been way higher.

Dex-chan lover
Okay maybe I'm being a little nit-picky over the art but there's just no way in hell the 11 fish he caught weigh more total than their 1 with the difference in sizes as depicted, either his catch should weighed in a lot lower or there's should've been way higher.
I think this would be true if they were as stocky as Earth animals are. But clay creatures living in the skies of gas giants would need a lot of space to maintain buoyancy (air is far less dense than water), so I wouldn't be too surprised if a lot of that volume is actually empty space...

Dex-chan lover
I think this would be true if they were as stocky as Earth animals are. But clay creatures living in the skies of gas giants would need a lot of space to maintain buoyancy (air is far less dense than water), so I wouldn't be too surprised if a lot of that volume is actually empty space...
Yeah. Their mass is likely proportional to surface area, not volume, so rising as a square of their length, not cube, making this fairly reasonable.

Double-page supporter
No matter what that guy says, he's going to look like a sore loser lol
"the contest is null and void" okay dude, sure. but that doesn't change the fact that they caught a fish that's 4 times the weight of the all-time record.

Dex-chan lover
Is it viable for them to move instead of staying there? Assuming the other clans aren't as backwards as theirs and Gendo and their congratulations are legit, won't the clans be interested in sponsoring an immigration??

Is it viable for them to move instead of staying there? Assuming the other clans aren't as backwards as theirs and Gendo and their congratulations are legit, won't the clans be interested in sponsoring an immigration??
IIRC, the problem is that an immigration can't (either due to a law or possibly how the clan ships orbit?) occur until the next Bow Awow in a little less than two years. That was key to Diode's plan, after all.

This is pretty funny bc legally, he won by a very huge difference but the sht those 2 did was so out of pocket and impressive that if he were to declare himself (legally) winner he would be disrespecting everyone XD
Well, he can declare himself the winner, it's more the condition he set up that is likely to bite him in the butt. I doubt he made the stakes publics and even if he did, enforcing the condition after such a catch would make him look bad. Everybody is probably expecting him to be a good sports and congratulate the two and let them keep the ship.

In the end, though, not sure what making the competition null is going to accomplish. Even if their catch is not officially registered, it won't change the fact there's a fluffing 69k t whale on the station. Same with invoking some sort of cheating : the results are there and known.

Curious to see what he's planning. Maybe ask for a do over, but that as well won't erase their accomplishement.

Dex-chan lover
a politician took on a cultural shifting event with a political gambit, then got internationally politicked into a corner and... nulled the political gambit

classic politician

Wooow... I totally didn't see that (cowardly) move coming...

Also, damn cliffhangers!

Users who are viewing this thread