Tying the Knot with an Amagami Sister - Vol. 12 Ch. 102 - Three Paths Forward (10)

Group Leader
And here's chapter 102!

Sorry for the break, I had to travel to Canada for my studies, so I didn't have much time for scanlation. Now that everything's in place, the pace is picking up again! I expect to have two more chapters out by the weekend (if everything goes smoothly).

Sorry for the wait and enjoy your reading!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
People called her going back a fake out huh? I don’t even have a strong opinion I just couldn’t guess what direction this will go next.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you very much for the tl !

Goddamn i love me some manly, caring and gentle MC.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know where the author takes this one, but it's quite common for kids who've been thrown away to reconnect with their "real" family members later in life, and lean into it hard, sometimes at the expense of their adoptive family ties. It's to fill a void left behind by the act of abandonment.

Also, in my impression, Japanese often do their family units in binary. You either are, or you're not part of something, there's not a whole lot of nuance and lengthy descriptions, just less or more defined roles in the family. In a sense, this means that the other sisters switch from "are" to "were", with a huge change in what their relationship means to eachother.

Dex-chan lover
He has finally found a family for himself, and youth be youth, he wants to fight for it.
I am really enjoying every chapter of this manga.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter. Looking forward to the next ones.

I totally get her point. They're her real parents after all. But I also to think it's not good to completely cut ties with the Amagami people instead. I don't know how they solve this but the best would be to let her live at the Amagami shrine with the support of her parents and still be able to see them.

Taq

Dex-chan lover
I wish they'd let Yae actually take the lead on this and have her assert herself without Uryuu going protagonist mode for once. Yae willingly staying with her biological parents and working towards reconciliation with them is a good direction for her, and it gives her agency.

Unfortunately, I get the feeling this arc is going to end with Yae's father giving Uryuu the "take care of her" spiel.

Dex-chan lover
I love Yae, but Jesus Christ she is literally the embodiment of COPIUM in this series. Almost every time she's directly involved in something with actual plot implications, it's pretty much some drama with her going "I'm fine bros, trust me, I'm good".

She's easily the cutest girl IMO when the manga is just doing typical romcom/school life scenes like when her and Uryu did the maze together, but when there's actual plot involved I can't help but feel like
Jm4WolW.jpeg

I digress. Thanks for the TL! No need to apologize, we appreciate your service and totally understand when things have to slow down because of IRL obligations. Glad to have you back!

Dex-chan lover
And so let's, once again, throw away character development for the sake of preserving the status quo.

Users who are viewing this thread