Uchi no Kaisha no Chiisai Senpai no Hanashi (Pre-Serialization)

There was literally no reason to upload 2 different versions, now you’ve gone and scared off the original TL.

Dex-chan lover
@rhinne I mean from the sounds of it Roto reached out to the artist and got their official blessings and are being provided their original files.

So I mean there is a reason.

Double-page supporter
What is that whole "sniping" thing about ? Can someone explain it to me please ? :(

Sometimes scanlators will "Steal" A series someone else is working on. Which sucks for people like Witch that enjoy doing it but don't want to if someone else is gonna just push out stories to try and beat them to the release.

Also just noticed that the guy that started to put out after has permission from the original author to do the translation.

Okay, so why not partner with the original translator or something instead of basically saying “I know a really great way to make someone’s Christmas, lemme pull this series from right under his feet”

Dex-chan lover
@rhinne what is there to "partner" for though.

One asked for permission from the author and is given files by them that they don't need to clean. They're literally the official partner of the creator.

The other, as far as we can tell, never bothered to ask the author. Their problem for having the series 'pulled from under their feet' by an official release.

Yes, and that’s exactly my problem with “official” releases. The only difference with an “official release” and a “fan release” is who gets paid, so to speak. So if you have someone who was already translating a chunk of the series, and doing well at it, why not offer to help them out instead of booting them off and redoing all of it. You’re making all these negative feelings for no reason when there’s another way it could have been done.

Imagine if after the sniper got support from the creator, he went to Witch Hat and said “I see you have this project. I have the Author’s blessing. Lets work together?” Things would have been nice and dandy.

YaY, finally caught up. Can't wait for new stuff. Generally I'm not a giant fan of stuff like this, but the fluff has been soothing. Especially nice if I want to break up some more... tragic/dramatic/dark series with something nice and lighthearted.

Without getting into too many details of the 'sniping argument,' in general I don't agree with anyone doing it. Although in this case I don't think it's as bad as in some other times; at least roto had some reasons to do so, aside from just yanking another groups projects to cause problems. Still, I do agree that it probably could have been done... better to cause... less ruffled feathers.

Anyway, I'm thankful to everyone involved in this series (creators, tlers, etc,) and I'm looking forward to the future now that it's 'caught up.'

Users who are viewing this thread