Uchi no Maou ga Tenshi de tsurai - Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
@FgoSegul : Just pronoun choice that doesn't translate well into English.

When you call someone 'oba-san' it can means anything from
-Referring to your actual aunt.
-Just referring an older, middle-age lady.
-Implying to a lady that she looks OLD (rude)

The prefix/suffix and word choice can say a lot about the relation but often times it's hard to translate them to English.

they just pop heros left and right. I will avenge hero 1, For I am hero 2. I am not insulting the manga, I just thought this part was funny

Dex-chan lover
Can't you just send a letter or something to your concerned family?
Like, "Oh I'm alive, just lying low because since the demon king is gone, they don't need a hero anymore." or "faking my death because I don't want to get offed by the country".

@Kshatria
they've grown as fast as cabbages as long as the avatar has been terrorizing said cabbages.

THE CABBAGES NEEDED THEIR CHAMPION

Dex-chan lover
@joshguy
Could be like how the surname "Cesar" was in ancient Rome. Twas a title, not a name.
"strongest fighter" doesn't offer the same hope to the people, I guess.

Dex-chan lover
@SilentWInd

Probably a bad idea, since the only reason his family is alive right now is that the King thinks he's dead, so the king is at least keeping up appearances that he 'honors' the 'fallen' hero. If it ever gets out that he's alive, the King would most likely do a 180 and accuse him of treason and take his family hostage.

Even if he tells his family to not tell anyone, they're probably under constant supervision, and them suddenly becoming happy would raise some flags.

@zeroxjac

I mean, the title of 'Mayor' or 'Chess Grandmaster' can be held by anyone suitable, but that doesn't make the title useless. The Hero is likely simply the strongest fighter they have at that time.

Dex-chan lover
@mastervirgin @Kshatria
I think the <HERO> here is not a chosen person with great strength but more like a title given to a strong person within humans. that's why when the previous is no more the next in line is the Hero.

Dex-chan lover
inb4 girl straight up tries to kill a lil kid.
Things are just going to get progressively worse.
if he reveals who he is, he puts erinne in danger as she has to return without killing the demon lord and knowledge that the previous hero is still alive (and protecting the demon lord's daughter)
if he beats her up (which he probably can) and forces her to retreat, she will go back with a vengeance and a bigger army.
What a lose-lose situation

Dex-chan lover
Noooooo, I hope the misunderstanding of him and his friend won't last long

Dex-chan lover
She won't be a hero anymore if she kills a little girl who never did anything wrong. She would be just a mercenary after that. Although naturally the kingdom would still call her a hero if it was convenient for them.

@Kshatria Wasn't cabbage a hero in the Soviet Union?

Users who are viewing this thread