Uchi no Musuko wa Tabun Gay - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - Popular Drama

Dex-chan lover
aawww the mom is such a sweet person.
best mom in the history of manga

Dex-chan lover
@Thrembs
Being icked by the sight of men kissing isn't such a terrible thing. For one it's a relatively unusual sight, even in a totally open society. Secondly, seeing unattractive people make out is kinda gross, and most men aren't particularly attractive no matter your orientation. Add to that having no possible attraction at all and I can see why. As such, I don't think he meant being gross as in dirty or obscene, more as in unpleasant to watch. Like watching your parents kiss or something.

Dex-chan lover
@gronkle
Doesn't mean you need to bring it up.
That's the problem.

If you don't find someone attractive, that's fine. saying "God they're ugly" is a problem.

I don't like seeing real guys... Yeah, that. I don't make a fuss about it in public, though. I do complain to my wife about whatever bullshit they got up to when I was shopping. (don't hit on strangers. Don't stare at boobs. Don't talk about sex loudly in public. Don't... be gross, boys. That's just the egregious stuff. Bad hygiene, shabby clothes with new shoes and an iPhone XR, barreling down the aisle...)
Your word for the day is "tact".

Dex-chan lover
@gronkle
but not in front of our (step)daughter.
What if she's straight ? We need to teach her what boys are and aren't allowed to do, but not _undue_ prejudice.

More and more, boys are being taught to be... good. So my feelings don't apply as much.

Dex-chan lover
@gronkle I can understand why you see it's kinda grossed out? I feel that way of kissing regardless of gender. HOWEVER, it is a bit shallow if you only go by looks rather than seeing if two are happy or enjoying the kiss. Give it time before you realize that looks isn't everything and it's all about the person inside. ^^ Time will tell if you do learn that or not.

Dex-chan lover
@pink_rabbit That's a strangely condescending tone to take with someone you have no idea of the age of.
You can appreciate the love between two people while simultaneously finding their public displays of affection gross. Perhaps you might come to understand that, given time.

I like how the mother helps the son but also keeps middle ground. She doesn't immediately berate her husband and out her son as gay but instead helps him by giving the father an opportunity to see whether the act is so detestable or not and at the same time her son can watch a good drama. Win-win.

Dex-chan lover
@gronkle True. I don't know your age so that's why I said you might know someday or not. But it won't change the fact I still find it shallow to only be okay with those who are good looking to only be the ones who kiss regardless.

MAMA IS THE BEST! She handled that so well! Her husband is not really bad, but a homophobic comment like that must TERRIFY her son. She’s reminding her husband to be open minded and setting foundation of trust. Hiroki looks like he’s about to cry in the last panel.

@pink_rabbit

When you're watching a tv show, you want to see good looking people kiss, not ugly people. I don't know if that's true for you, but it's true for most people in the world.

There was once a superbowl commercial , where they were promoting something and they had a really sexy girl french kiss an ugly nerd. The kiss scene was the only thing that outraged everyone, not anything else in the commercial, just this 1 specific action.

What I'm trying to say is, it's normal to be uncomfortable at the sight of seeing ugly people kiss or 1 ugly and 1 cute and normal for people to like seeing 2 good looking people kiss.

Personally for me, I only like watching good looking people kiss. Especially in tv series like Orange is the new black, Shameless, or Grey's Anatomy.
It's usually because I'm attracted to both the males and womans appearances. If I saw 2 ugly people, no matter what type of build up, I'd still be uncomfortable (Unless it's a comedy and they start sucking each others faces in the weirdest way possible.)

What you said before in reply to the other person *Give it time before you realize that looks isn't everything and it's all about the person inside.*

I think that should only apply if you are in a relationship with someone and they are classified as ugly. For example, you knew them for a long time and like their personality, so you decide to date them.

Aggregator gang
I wanna cry. Hiroki, treasure your mother okay? (⸝⸝⸝ᵒ̴̶̷̥́ ⌑ ᵒ̴̶̷̣̥̀⸝⸝⸝)

omg i binge reading and i love his mom so much??? she's amazing and so wholesome??? i think im in love pls marry me

Users who are viewing this thread