Uchi no Musuko wa Tabun Gay - Vol. 2 Ch. 29 - Fortunes

Finally got caught up in time for this update! Love how wholesome it is, I wish everyone could have a mom as loving and supporting.

His marriage fortune further down says "If you let your heart waiver, you'll lose time".
His mom said the right thing Hiroki definitely gonna find his special someone if he doesn't give up.

Even if it doesn't work out, he's a good guy and will find someone.

Mum is doing a good job

Dex-chan lover
I love this mom.
I’m so sad that he has to be closeted.
Japan is more homophobic (though less dangerous wrt that) than the USA.

I’m sad that his mother seems to think it’s a small issue that her husband isn’t ok with gayness.

Dex-chan lover
This manga never fails to warm my heart or make me cry. It's so sweet how the mom supports her son being gay but knows how society is homophobic. The son is a good person too.... A lot of LGBT+ people are good people and always deserve to be happy like everyone else.

Maybe one day we will get a chapter of the father accepting his son. Or the son + mom seeing more acceptance.

Dex-chan lover
Okay but I think that the mom's right and he misinterpreted it

The marriage advice is "if you let your heart waver, you'll lose time" and the romance prospect is "things won't work out as you expect."

Even though he's (probably) gay, homosexuality is still pretty uncommon, and even bisexuality is kinda rare, though less so.

So he may kinda know in the back of his mind that even if he confesses, he'll be rejected or at least that's his concern

The twist is that he won't be rejected and they'll like one another.

Users who are viewing this thread