Uchi no Musuko wa Tabun Gay - Vol. 2 Ch. 30 - Even Men

Dex-chan lover
The dad sure seems strangely obsessed with how his masculinity is perceived, eh?

And then he can't even back up his words, lol.

Double-page supporter
My love for this manga is never ending.

It has such good messages! Men can get scared and still be men!

Contributor
If men can't get scared, then why even make horror movies and games. That's half of a potential market gone. Harmless fear is great, super macho manly "men must be men" men are missing out

Dex-chan lover
Let's appreciate some father-son bonding. It's nice to see them have a deeper relationship than "dad's homophobic lmao."

Dex-chan lover
Those who don't get scared are often the ones who die doing something dumb

@broadsword80 hmm well I think a lot of men are like that because of toxic upbringing like “men shouldn’t cry” etc, especially so in more conservative countries in East Asia/SEA (I’m from one) like Japan where gender roles are more defined. So sometimes they don’t mean it, but it’s ingrained in them coz it’s how they were brought up. I think it’s more ignorance than obsession and this chapter shows his potential to accept new ideas though! He got proven wrong, accepted it and ultimately bonded with his son. It takes time for people to accept new things and I’m sure the author wrote him in that subtle homophobic/toxic masculine way because they want to show that it’s possible to change a loved one’s mind about LGBTQ even though it can take time. Character development! 😌☺️

Dex-chan lover
The little brother would've aced that game without even blinking. But I don't think he would've given a shit about Dave.

@frenchfry Yeah. I always saw the dads views on masculinity as a result of his upbringing, perhaps influenced by his own conservative parents from an older generation, as well as a lack of exposure and stuff. I never saw him as malicious or anything, just a bit ignorant, as you said. That's why some of the comments on older chapters that treat him like a villain confused me

Users who are viewing this thread