Ugly Duckling - Ch. 43 - Warm Fingertips (4)

Aggregator gang
Gaeun go fuck yourself! How can u still defend that fucking bitch? Holy shit man, what a bunch of shit characters!

Dex-chan lover
At this point I only read the comments to see if the characters are still shitty.
It’s a shame because it had a fun and original concept at first but it turned quickly into a stupid drama shit show.

Dex-chan lover
Beryl is the only character that I really like in this series, but I won't drop this shit

Really disgusting the hoops everyone hops through for Gaeun. I really don't understand where the author is going with this or what kind of backstory would justify this amount of toxic behavior or how anyone is even still sane defending such a toxic person. In fact she's even being rewarded at this point with the guy she likes reciprocating her feelings. I don't think anything at this point would leave me satisfied with where this story is heading because Gaeun does not deserve a happy ending at all and the amount of second chances and people saying "oh she's really not that bad, you're/I'm just misunderstanding her" is infuriating.

Dex-chan lover
Dojin has bad taste but im glad hes outta way. Go have your Dojin x Gaeun stuff and leave everyone else alone

Dex-chan lover
What the fuck, after all the shit Gaeun does, she gets defended and her fucking happy ending? I'm so close to dropping this.

Dex-chan lover
So the girl I kinda like is a crazy bitch that hurts other people and has a psychotic tendencies but she’s cute so it’s okay.

Why are they literally bending over backwards to make out Gaeun to be a much better person than she really is? Why do they continue to defend her even when she spreads rumors about Ori, hurts Ori, and traps her in a freaking unstable closet thing out of jealousy??? And why does he legit! Still! Like her?! Her behavior is extremely toxic, but not only are they defending it, it even gets rewarded in the end bc Dojin likes her back. Honestly if someone I knew was so incredibly batshit psycho, I would drop them instantly, even if it “wasn’t like them” or “they weren’t like this before.” Regardless of what she’s like to other people, Gaeun had literally made Ori’s life miserable and has gone to insane lengths to hurt her. Like,,, really guys???? You’re still defending Gaeun when Ori is right in front of you, with basically no friends thanks to the rumors Gaeun spread and physically hurt due to Gaeun’s actions? How the heck does Dojin still like her?

Smh my head Beryl is the only one I like

After being that horrible and disgusting person, Gaeun gets a happy ending?!
Not in thus house. I'm erasing everything from my memory as if it has had never happened.
Ori + Beryl is the only thing that matters anyway.
(in fact I'm still reading because of Beryl)

Yeah, no, fuck this I'm out. How in the world is it ok for Gaeun to not suffer any real consequences for her actions is beyond me.
Hell, how can a guy knowingly fall in love with someone who is this abusive is even worse. I get that she should be able to redeem herself, but she isn't even close to that. She literally assaulted someone out of jealousy.

Contributor
I feel like I know what the author is trying to do, but it's not working out. This chick locks the MC in a room, planning to keep her there overnight or even longer, which results in her and her friend getting hurt. She spreads rumors which ends up with her being harassed by her peers. She throws water in her face so she ends up with a fever and pushes her down the stairs. And her own rationale, which we're supposed to accept, is that she "works harder than others" to get attention?

I get that they're trying to say that most bullies have problems of their own, and the MC is growing as a person that she chooses to move on but still stands up for herself, but the author has made this character so wholly unlikable that a simple "love makes you do crazy things" just won't cut it. I'm expecting a biiiiiiiiiig apology/redemption arc or some sort of consequences following this. Feels like the author let this whole arc get way out of hand and accidentally made this character less likable than a mass murderer.

I don't like he has feelings for gaeun, she got exactly what she wanted by doing those things its like praising a child for bad behaviour, she deserves severe consequences for her action, I understand what the author is going for but bullying other people for attention is never okay :(( she really dosent deserve his feelings if that's the way the author wants to go I can't be part of this which sad cuz its a really good read

So what's gonna happen when Gaeun is angry at someone again, they are just gonna let her get away with murder? She needs to understand what she did was wrong not get everything she wants

No one slapped her? Wtf. She got her guy instead of learning her lesson? What even in the world is this? She did all those things with the intent to kill and she gets a confession? Omfg. She’s a psychopath. What is the author trying to portray with this situation? It’s okay to act like she did because you like a guy? I’m so triggered I wanna talk to the author. Grrrr! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Users who are viewing this thread