Ugly Duckling - Ch. 44 - Warm Fingertips (5)

Omg can they just ignore Gaeun? Like nobody cares.
I hope it would just focus between Beryl and Ori...

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, it's a prime example of korean trash writing. A forced bullshit just to send some "message" with a totally wrong execution. I liked this series in the beginning, but it's time to drop.

Gaeun never even cared about having 'friends' in the first place that weren't her gaggle of enablers/Hansol and Dojin. Her being alone isn't even a 'punishment' because she explicitly said before she only needs those two anyways which she still fucking has. They're even checking up and giving MORE attention to her which she wanted from the beginning.

Remember the first arc where Ori got locked into a storeroom by Gaeun and would've gotten seriously injured if it wasn't for Beryl magically taking the brunt of it by being there when he wasn't supposed to? Hansol then enabled Gaeun by making a story up to the teachers saying "I thought it would be more annoying to you, Ori, if I told them the truth that you were being bullied and locked in there against your will, so let's just say we took the storeroom key on our own and snuck in there without permission and got injured by accident and let Gaeun get out scott-free." Gaeun then came around and was worried and seriously apologized to Hansol for covering up for her but still showed zero remorse for hurting people and in fact ramped up the bullying because she's a literal psychopath and surrounded by enablers. Gaeun is just toxic and drags this entire story through the mud with how much butt licking she gets but she'll still get her dumb 'redemption' arc even though she doesn't deserve one at all. In fact all of the characters except Beryl and Ori are sickening.

Also its frustrating how Hansol threatens to Gaeun that she'll cut her off if she keeps pulling this bullshit she's always been pulling since middle school but never follows up and even covers and babies her after every single arc , Dojin being an idiot and liking this psychopath that shows zero remorse for sending people to the hospital in the first place, and now Ori trying to make up with her for zero reason? Ori doesn't owe Gaeun anything or her time. WE GET YOU'RE A MARY SUE MOTHER TERESA DOORMAT ALREADY. WE DON'T NEED YOU SAYING SORRY TO SATAN OVER AND OVER TO ESTABLISH YOU'RE A SAINT.

Honestly just hate reading this for Beryl at this point because every other character is irredeemable.

Dex-chan lover
Gaeun did everything horribly even almost killing someone and what is her punishment well nothing I hope she dies at the end

@barryallen0 you have no idea how much I agree with you rn. Literally that bitch is so toxic and actually mad. She doesn't need friends she needs fuking therapy... I always hated the bs where the mc becomes chubby chubby with a bully. There are times when I am okay with such a thing but definitely not here. Nothing about Gaeun is redeemable instead of forgiving her the mc should tell her that her actions are beyond redeemable so that Gaeun understands just how much she hurt people. Like that bitch thinks that she is the victim and seriously can't see how miserable she made everyone else. And Hansol is so annoying cause she keeps on trying to be nice to Gaeun as if Gaeun did not just commit attempted murder....

Users who are viewing this thread