Uma Musume: Cinderella Gray - Vol. 13 Ch. 118 - Those Words

Dex-chan lover
CINGRAY ANIME!!!

man... love Folkqueen/Horlicks's design.

And here we go! JC! The Incident was such a jawdropping event that no one at that time paid great attention... not until the last furlong.

Double-page supporter
Obey having one pupil drop the silly star symbol when Ogurin asks her a critical hit question is so good! Esp when she has  both eyes then get normal pupils for the "Bring it on" later on!

Dex-chan lover
How far do you think adaptation can go? It's unlikely that they'll adapt the entire manga, but will they at least get as far as our translation?

i love Folkqueen/Horlicks' design, I would sparkle her without thinking should she be added to the game.

How far do you think adaptation can go? It's unlikely that they'll adapt the entire manga, but will they at least get as far as our translation?
By the looks of the poster I think it will be adapted until the end of Tamamo's Arc as she appears on it together with an Uma that looks like March.

Dex-chan lover
i love Folkqueen/Horlicks' design, I would sparkle her without thinking should she be added to the game.

By the looks of the poster I think it will be adapted until the end of Tamamo's Arc as she appears on it together with an Uma that looks like March.
And will this be framed as a spin-off to the main anime adaptation?

Most likely only until White Lightning arc if it only gets 12 episodes

Contributor
Regarding the chapter, looking forward to the race! It's always nice remembering the biggest passion of Oguri Cup, eating. About the anime, on Anilist it's already listed as a spin-off, I consider them side-stories but anyway, for me those are just names. And well, it depends if it's a 12 episode or 24 episode season, but I'd expect that eventually the whole manga gets adapted, I don't think they need to make a cheap anime to further boost the manga sales (it's crazily popular).

Dex-chan lover
Definitely a spin-off since it's intended to be that way. I just can't imagine some CinGray umas like Inari One and Super Creek to be the same characters from their Pretty Derby selves
Are you saying, that this is a spin-off, but some characters may be different due to copyright?

Dex-chan lover
Regarding the chapter, looking forward to the race! It's always nice remembering the biggest passion of Oguri Cup, eating. About the anime, on Anilist it's already listed as a spin-off, I consider them side-stories but anyway, for me those are just names. And well, it depends if it's a 12 episode or 24 episode season, but I'd expect that eventually the whole manga gets adapted, I don't think they need to make a cheap anime to further boost the manga sales (it's crazily popular).
The original manga is listed as “other”, that is, just content in one franchise. By the way, at the moment the main anime simply repeats the plot of the original game?

Contributor
The original manga is listed as “other”, that is, just content in one franchise. By the way, at the moment the main anime simply repeats the plot of the original game?
Both the first season and the gatcha game were released in Japan by the same time, they were meant to go together but in time the game went ahead and has a lot of side stories that may never be adapted elsewhere. Afterwords they released the 3 chapters OVA BNW and several manga series (different years), on 2021 the second season and in time the rest of the anime (like the movie from this summer). Every title has exclusive content. And on the 30th they will release a party game of Uma Musume.
Btw, this is the first video they uploaded to advertise the franchise.
Edit: Starting Gate! is the only manga title that existed previous to the anime and the game, it's named as an Alternative version because it differs story-wise, you can read some chapters here in Mangadex. Umayon is also here and it's considered a spin-off, but this one was released (the first volume) also within a few days of difference with the anime and the game.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Most likely only until White Lightning arc if it only gets 12 episodes
if it follows usual Umamusume anime episodes, it'll be 13 and it'll cover Kasamatsu and Derby arc imho.

And will this be framed as a spin-off to the main anime adaptation?
it is its own continuity... much less a sort of "prologue" to the first 3 seasons.
Road To The Top and its sequel, Beginning of a New Era ran in parallel to the 1st season (after episode 8) but it is its own "timeline" as Season 1 TM Opera O is part of Team Rigil while RTTT TM Opera O is more of an independent Umamusume with no "team"

13 episodes if I'm being honest and covering Chapter 1 to 29 is a PERFECT amount of material to cover for a single cour. They can then take the fall crowns / White Lightning Arc as movies.

If anyone's confused, the entire franchise is and will not shy away from a "multiversal PoV". The events in CinGray might as well not exist in the anime. The anime have done this already with season 1-3 a.k.a. the Golden Generation and the Sekimatsu Generation (RTTT and BoNE). They are their own canonity... pretty much like Fate. To clarify, there's no Kitahara Jou in the game.

Another thing is that the game is full of this. You, being a trainer of a certain Umamusume is not the same as being the trainer of another Umamusume, for example: Being Oguri Cap's Trainer is not the same as being Symboli Rudolf's Trainer... unless stated that those Umamusume are part of your Team.

With that said, when it comes to Teams, the game has two "Major" teams at the moment. Both are "you", the player, but not the same person in-universe. The first team is Team Sirius, inherited by you, the player as Oguri Cap had her Retirement Race (basically after this manga ends ). You basically make the team grow again, together with your first Umamusume, Mejiro McQueen.

The second team is Team Ascella and you, the trainer is training all the Umamusume who was ridden IRL by the jockey, Fukunaga Yuuichi. Team Ascella's story continues after Team Sirius as you tragically tried to make the team survive alongside King Halo.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Both the first season and the gatcha game were released in Japan by the same time, they were meant to go together but in time the game went ahead and has a lot of side stories that may never be adapted elsewhere. Afterwords they released the 3 chapters OVA BNW and several manga series (different years), on 2021 the second season and in time the rest of the anime (like the movie from this summer). Every title has exclusive content. And on the 30th they will release a party game of Uma Musume.
Btw, this is the first video they uploaded to advertise the franchise.
Edit: Starting Gate! is the only manga title that existed previous to the anime and the game, it's named as an Alternative version because it differs story-wise, you can read some chapters here in Mangadex. Umayon is also here and it's considered a spin-off, but this one was released (the first volume) also within a few days of difference with the anime and the game.
I've heard that the original plot and progression were significantly different before the anime and the (soft?) reboot of the franchise. For example, the first manga was very moe-ish.
if it follows usual Umamusume anime episodes, it'll be 13 and it'll cover Kasamatsu and Derby arc imho.

it is its own continuity... much less a sort of "prologue" to the first 3 seasons.
Road To The Top and its sequel, Beginning of a New Era ran in parallel to the 1st season (after episode 8) but it is its own "timeline" as Season 1 TM Opera O is part of Team Rigil while RTTT TM Opera O is more of an independent Umamusume with no "team"

13 episodes if I'm being honest and covering Chapter 1 to 29 is a PERFECT amount of material to cover for a single cour. They can then take the fall crowns / White Lightning Arc as movies.

If anyone's confused, the entire franchise is and will not shy away from a "multiversal PoV". The events in CinGray might as well not exist in the anime. The anime have done this already with season 1-3 a.k.a. the Golden Generation and the Sekimatsu Generation (RTTT and BoNE). They are their own canonity... pretty much like Fate. To clarify, there's no Kitahara Jou in the game.

Another thing is that the game is full of this. You, being a trainer of a certain Umamusume is not the same as being the trainer of another Umamusume, for example: Being Oguri Cap's Trainer is not the same as being Symboli Rudolf's Trainer... unless stated that those Umamusume are part of your Team.

With that said, when it comes to Teams, the game has two "Major" teams at the moment. Both are "you", the player, but not the same person in-universe. The first team is Team Sirius, inherited by you, the player as Oguri Cap had her Retirement Race (basically after this manga ends ). You basically make the team grow again, together with your first Umamusume, Mejiro McQueen.

The second team is Team Ascella and you, the trainer is training all the Umamusume who was ridden IRL by the jockey, Fukunaga Yuuichi. Team Ascella's story continues after Team Sirius as you tragically tried to make the team survive alongside King Halo.
It looks like the showrunners of the franchise were clearly inspired by Fate, no less. Even the anime version of Idolmaster wasn't that world-building.

Dex-chan lover
I've heard that the original plot and progression were significantly different before the anime and the (soft?) reboot of the franchise. For example, the first manga was very moe-ish.

It looks like the showrunners of the franchise were clearly inspired by Fate, no less. Even the anime version of Idolmaster wasn't that world-building.
the original concept wasn't that much different. It wasn't after the first season they've decided on how to tackle the story aspect of it... and they went hard on it and thus, the masterpiece season 2.

well iM@s was pretty much just a sim game from the start with pokemon like strat on their versions. and they probably had to do it that way 'cause you know... one aspect of the Umamusume are the legend made by the jockeys who rode them e.g. Eishin Flash will kneel down and pray just like Mirco Demuro did IRL after his race with Eishin Flash.

Dex-chan lover
the original concept wasn't that much different. It wasn't after the first season they've decided on how to tackle the story aspect of it... and they went hard on it and thus, the masterpiece season 2.

well iM@s was pretty much just a sim game from the start with pokemon like strat on their versions. and they probably had to do it that way 'cause you know... one aspect of the Umamusume are the legend made by the jockeys who rode them e.g. Eishin Flash will kneel down and pray just like Mirco Demuro did IRL after his race with Eishin Flash.
The original concept of the game as such? Or just story? I just used to read old mangas and they shocked me with their silly moe-ish CGDCT element compared to how mature and interesting the story was after PAWORKS' intervention.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread