Umareru Seibetsu wo Machigaeta! - Vol. 1 Ch. 17 - I'm home

Can honestly say that, after reading from start to finish, that this was an interesting piece. The only issue I had with it is that it essentially boiled its last chapter down into trying to convince the audience that the author's opinion on this subject is correct. Not an unheard of thing but a bit sad that it became like that after doing a fairly good job of explaining srs due process and post op in the rest of the chapters.

A part of me likes it, because its a look at something not often discussed. Another part of me doesn't like it however, and maybe that's simply because I don't agree with her(?) line of thought on the topic of srs or gender reassignment.

I think the best way to sum up this manga is as such: It is an interesting look at srs and gender reassignment but read it with an open mind. The author will always be biased to what they believe in and you should always try to make up your own ideals based on presenting evidence. It gets a like 6/10 from me.

If you're wondering why some no namer like me is giving a review for this, take it as a new years resolution. I'm trying to force myself to give a general review of stuff I finish reading this year. Love it or hate it I'd prefer to hear your take on it. Ciao

Dex-chan lover
I generally take a fairly dim view of "trans" issues in the United States because so much of the conversation is dominated by insane social justice warriors seeking bogeymen around every corner and trying to convince people that they're all at constant risk of being murdered for simply existing, but I still found this manga quite interesting and entertaining to read.

In general I don't think there's any obligation by others to recognize someone as a gender different from the one they were born with, but I'm a lot more comfortable with making allowances for post-operative folks. The author seems like a pretty cool person though, and I wonder at what friction was present with the wife who married a man but then found herself married to a woman. Also makes me wonder what their sex life was like after that, whether the author planned to have any children and had sperm frozen, etc.

For me I can safely say that if the woman I was dating or was married to decided she wanted to be a man and have a penis, that would be the end of it for me.

@lysanderstreason you're a fool who really, really doesn't understand the threat LGBTQ people in the world, including the US, face on a daily basis. Even now republicans are trying to gut protections for them, medical costs for any sorts of treatments are sky high, etc. Like there's literally countries where being gay is punishable by death, still, and just lol if you think trans people don't face a similar threat for being considered abominations by religious fanatics. And the casual sexism and harassment I've seen in my workplace is multiplied when it's a trans person.

but then again you're a trash mammal who uses terms like SJW totally seriously so it says a lot about how ignorant you are. It's shameful.

Dex-chan lover
What a fun take on a very serious issue that she showed a lot of humor throughout. The tone at the end gets serious because, well, as I said it's a very serious issue. But I'm really glad she got what she wanted to have done in order to not suffer from not feeling like who she was.

She's right. Even if you get reassignment surgery the world is still an extremely tough place for trans individuals to live in; the comment section of this manga is pretty darn large proof of that.

@LysandersTreason Where is the lie in what they said? That was a well thought out post and to call it insanity only betrays your bias against trans people, and indeed so does using "sjw" the way you do.

finally this god awful manga ends
god i wish there was a way to blacklist these mentally diseased works

Christ the comment section of this series is always a mess.

On the other hand, I'm glad the story finished on a good note and I'm so happy for the author.

@LydandersTreason actually Captaininvictus is right. A lot of Trans people face many struggles today. Like they said, many transgender people struggle to get the surgery they need to help their gender disphoria due to insurances refusing to cover them, and some face harassment at work since there are no protections for them. And to counter your argument about transgender people being in life threatening situations, in the past 5 years 128 transgender people, most being minorities, have died. 2017 being the worst, with 27 dying, and in 2018, 22 have died. So in some cases, being transgender can be a risk, especially if you’re a person of color who lives in a small community. And to further counter your argument, even if you have no obligation to recognize the person for the gender they say they are, shouldn’t you at least do it out of self respect for that person? Out of human kindness? What does referring them to as the gender they say they are do anything to harm you? Yet when you do that, it harms them. So as a decent person I hope that you can respect the person and the gender they say they are.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting autobiography read, especially about post operation stuff. My fucking sides at comparing deaths of trans though, people die everyday.

Dex-chan lover
At least some of you people aren't human trash bags, sort of uplifting to see.

Please stop trying to justify discrimination with examples of radical minorities, it's shameful. "Insane SJW" is the biggest bogeyman there is. For every "insane SJW" that I encountered, entirely via second-handed posts on social media, I can find dozens of actual people making a mockery out of the entire LGBT movement.

Then again, perhaps we just have a different idea what you have to do to be considered "insane". Right now it seems that calling people out on their wrong facts is enough to get you labeled as "insane SJW". Crazy world.

Fed-Kun's army
Overall I liked this manga, but I disagree with a message the author passed in this work: that you should consider whether you will pass before transitioning, because We Live In A Society and people don't accept "weirdos". Unfortunately, dysphoria's a bitch and some folks HAVE to transition, for the sake of their mental health. It's not something they can help, they have to, even if they're sure they will never pass. (Though passing is mostly dressing and mannerisms, body type actually factors little in it in my experience.)

And anyway, society is wrong for not accepting non-passing trans people, and we should strive to change it rather than forcing ourselves to fit a stereotypical mould.

Dex-chan lover
Why do most male-focused trans titles portray MC as trans lesbians? Because otherwise the male audience will not be able to dream about yuri gender bender experience? Only it seems to me that this is somewhat insensitive?

@Ariaflux Hah, I saw literally hundreds of people who used allegations of discrimination as an excuse to impose their political views. Starting from the well-known debate about trans athletes and ending with radical feminists who were hiding behind women's problems in order to put men in an even more dependent position. For example, I know more than 2-3 cases when a minority person openly insulted people because of their skin color or gender, hiding behind the fact that “minorities are constantly becoming a victim of this, so they just restores justice.” You simply don’t even try to look at the problem from the other side, claiming that any statements about problems with your side are manipulations.

@mikl uncomfortable things cannot be ignored just because they are uncomfortable. If you take a radical step, you must be aware of all the consequences of this. Especially when the queer manga completely ignores this, showing the life of LGBTQ as an idealized world of vanilla romance and hot gay sex.

Never read the bottom quarter of the internet...never read the bottom quarter of the internet...

Group Leader
I'm grateful for every scrap of human decency people can scrape together in manga website comments sections, so genuine gratitude to those of you exhibiting some.

Never read the bottom quarter of the internet...never read the bottom quarter of the internet...
My faith in humanity dwindling like sand filtering between my fingers while reading this comment section
All being lost to the wind

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
In my opinion, the wife was incredibly unsupportive of the protag.

They should have sent her vids of the protag's struggles post-surgery.

Users who are viewing this thread