Umeko-chan wa Koishiteru - Vol. 2 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
Aunuma is basically the main character of this series and I can’t really understand why the author loves that sleepy black haired asshole so much. Almost every other panel has him in it, almost every situation needs to let us know what he thinks, or what others think of Aunuma

The weirdest thing is all the love interests have to go through him first, so he’s somehow the focus of the romance too

He’s the Poochie of this series. Our old MC barely gets any face time now, and this has become the Aunuma show and I don’t get it because he’s such an asshole.

Dex-chan lover
It ends in 2 chapters and the author isn't trying to build up to it, so the ending will either have no development at all, or the development will feel super rushed.
The author clearly ran out of ideas for the main couple. we had like 4 new girls profess love and we arent even at chapter 14.

The worst part is Aunuma, imo. He makes this almost unreadable

Dex-chan lover
How is under 40 points not failing (assuming it's out of a hundred?) Unless they have some lax parents, my parents would've killed me if i got under 75 lol

Dex-chan lover
How the fuck is 33/100 not a failing grade
i guess standards might be diff in JP schools considering technically you don't have to go to high school and can start working in convenience stores or so

Dex-chan lover
lol don't they have basic culinary arts, to where they teach you to tie your hair up/back if they make the kids cook their own curry

Dex-chan lover
It's probably an average system. I had 35 as a passing mark in uni but yeah it's weird in HS
man one of my other asian friends more or less had a breakdown once for making under 80, and we went to school in america
, dunno how hard on themselves they would've been if they were in japan. tho other than a one time fluke, i guess if you consistently score 30 on stuff (that's not like math which is kinda unnecessarily hard/ some formulas ppl never use outside of graduation) they prolly would've been the type to not care/half ass it otherwise

Dex-chan lover
i started skimming halfway through this chapter. everyone's pretty one-dimensional in this series to begin with, but the side characters it's focusing on aren't interesting enough to justify spending so much time away from the main couple.

Aunuma is basically the main character of this series and I can’t really understand why the author loves that sleepy black haired asshole so much. Almost every other panel has him in it, almost every situation needs to let us know what he thinks, or what others think of Aunuma

The weirdest thing is all the love interests have to go through him first, so he’s somehow the focus of the romance too

He’s the Poochie of this series. Our old MC barely gets any face time now, and this has become the Aunuma show and I don’t get it because he’s such an asshole.
Facts

Dex-chan lover
Umeko needs to grab him and propose to him.
someone needs to point out to him first tho like "oh she's just a regular high school girl, she just has gloomy vibes" or so, maybe considering apparently the manga is ending soon? that he'll basically be guilted into dating her if she also realizes he thought she was a creepy ghost and basically cries and it'd look badly on him if he refused lol

Dex-chan lover

He really is the worst part of this whole thing. it'd be nice to get to see the main girl for more than 2-3 pages per 24 page chapter. The new girl is still cute at least but damn does she have shit taste. Aunuma strikes me as the type of guy that would marry a girl and just leach off of her for as long as he can.

Aggregator gang
Only 2 Chapters left and I have no Idea who's gonna end up with whom (if anyone will end up with anyone with the development and pace of this manga). There's too many female characters going after the same guys, it's kinda confusing. I feel like the conclusion to this manga isn't gonna be satisfying at all :/

Dex-chan lover
The author clearly ran out of ideas for the main couple. we had like 4 new girls profess love and we arent even at chapter 14.

The worst part is Aunuma, imo. He makes this almost unreadable

Yeah, it's a shame honestly. There was a great start and a really solid idea: a scaredy cat guy is being chased after by a girl who ends up looking scary, and a solid setting with everyone else knowing what's going on and rooting for her. But it got confusing and muddled, with side characters introduced, rivals, and a focus on an easy comedic character who's comedy comes from him being unbearable. Like the point of Aunuma is he sucks, and that's a pretty easy laugh line. But when he's constantly used and more jokes start to revolve around him and how shitty he is, he becomes the focus, which will cause the audience to resent him. Cause they're not reading it for him.

This manga has turned into a great example of how important focus and story discipline are, even to a gag manga. Throw too many things in, get too sidetracked, have your plot and characters get muddled and... well, it's not fun to read anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread