Under Ninja - Ch. 115 - Getting Smaller

Banned
That's Kato with the extending legs? I thought he escaped execution on that tv show by NIN and was recruited by UN? When did he get leg surgery? He makes it sound like NIN did it to him as a punishment, but why would NIN give him leg extension surgery just before executing him?

Dex-chan lover
That's Kato with the extending legs? I thought he escaped execution on that tv show by NIN and was recruited by UN? When did he get leg surgery? He makes it sound like NIN did it to him as a punishment, but why would NIN give him leg extension surgery just before executing him?
As a shirunin, Kato survived the final exam but was was subjected to the prototype leg exstension surgery as a test subject for the experimentation center before he became Kuro's minder and the shebang that led to his execution order.

Igarashi, the other guy in the truck survived the final ceremony but tried to run away and was caught and sentenced to execution.

Double-page supporter
Igarashi, the other guy in the truck survived the final ceremony but tried to run away and was caught and sentenced to execution.
Akshually - I thought Igarashi ran away, was caught, then became the instructor in the (now-defunct) sex-jutsu techniques(?), then snapped(?) and started murdering kunoichi - and that's what he was up for execution for. Or am I mixing up two dudes?

Group Leader
Akshually - I thought Igarashi ran away, was caught, then became the instructor in the (now-defunct) sex-jutsu techniques(?), then snapped(?) and started murdering kunoichi - and that's what he was up for execution for. Or am I mixing up two dudes?
Shirunin that are currently serving as “learning material” for the kunoichi are referred to as “instructors” of Bochu-Jutsu by members of NIN, despite the title being completely nominal (mentioned in the NIN NIN Manual).

This chapter gives us new info on what exactly the Shirunin are subject to after they defeat the kunoichi in their final exam, that being the Shinobi Research Center's human experimentation.

I believe that Igarashi likely fled captivity a second time, first time being after the kunoichi final exam, and took the opportunity to kill kunoichi and civilians before he was re-captured and put up for execution. That's the only way that the timeline really matches up in my mind, since the first time Igarashi escaped he didn't quite reach an urban area (where civilians would be).

Igarashi seems to have attempted to completely escape the NIN system as a whole, which probably makes him even more worth executing in the mind of NIN's higher-ups.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm amazed by you peeps who can still keep up with the story.

Well it's not like I'm dropping it or anything.

Dex-chan lover

Shirunin that are currently serving as “learning material” for the kunoichi are referred to as “instructors” of Bochu-Jutsu by members of NIN, despite the title being completely nominal (mentioned in the NIN NIN Manual).

This chapter gives us new info on what exactly the Shirunin are subject to after they defeat the kunoichi in their final exam, that being the Shinobi Research Center's human experimentation.

I believe that Igarashi likely fled captivity a second time, first time being after the kunoichi final exam, and took the opportunity to kill kunoichi and civilians before he was re-captured and put up for execution. That's the only way that the timeline really matches up in my mind, since the first time Igarashi escaped he didn't quite reach an urban area (where civilians would be).

Igarashi seems to have attempted to completely escape the NIN system as a whole, which probably makes him even more worth executing in the mind of NIN's higher-ups.

Igarashi's timeline is still murky, but the vibe I get is everyone is gunning for him for killing Hime, the kunoichi in the final exam.

As per the ninin manual, it was noted Igarashi's method of skinning Hime's face off to escape was considered savage than usual

In his cell, Igarashi found Kato's scribings, however we do not know how long it was there, so definitely Igarashi is Kato's junior, so execution after first escape is definitely possible.

Also, in the Ninin manual the last section #6 about the fate of the shirunin insinuates even those who escape, most of them are executed thereafter.

Double-page supporter
Igarashi's timeline is still murky, but the vibe I get is everyone is gunning for him for killing Hime, the kunoichi in the final exam.

As per the ninin manual, it was noted Igarashi's method of skinning Hime's face off to escape was considered savage than usual

In his cell, Igarashi found Kato's scribings, however we do not know how long it was there, so definitely Igarashi is Kato's junior, so execution after first escape is definitely possible.

Also, in the Ninin manual the last section #6 about the fate of the shirunin insinuates even those who escape, most of them are executed thereafter.

Damn my Lisa Simpson/Linton Baxter-esque dedication to the truth - from Ch 83, Pg 10:
Kobini-kun:
"This man was a lecturer of bochu-jutsu, which was a required course for kunoichi. He was a [Shirunin] or a Shiru Danyuu of sorts. He killed several of the kunoichi he met while serving as a shinobi." "He also killed civilians and was taken under shinobi custody. In short, he's a serial killer."
(sorry, IDK how to directly put an image in here). In Ch 77, Pg 10, Toichi mentions that she wasn't taught bochu-jutsu because the classes stopped being offered a few years ago, out of compliance.

And it kind of doesn't make sense that he'd be in trouble for killing Hime - face skinning and all, since Kato presumably had to do something similar in order to have lived through his ordeal. Seems like it was a bad idea to have promoted Igarashi to be professor of lovemaking as his reward though, but the NIN bureaucracy works in mysterious ways :)

I guess I didn't consider, but could Igarashi have been the sexy skills lecturer, then demoted to shirunin? But from what I thought we know of shirunin they're nobodies from the start, so he'd be too well known for that to have been the case.

Edit: ofc this could all be more NIN lies ¯\(ツ)

Last edited:
Group Leader
professor of lovemaking
sexy skills lecturer
The NIN NIN Manual Section 7, Page 2 (Column: "Who are the Shirunin?") confirms that the title of "Bochu-Jutsu Instructor" is nominal. The title means nothing and serves no actual purpose. While Kato made it to the rank of Chunin despite previously being a Shirunin, Igarashi remains a Shirunin with no other change to rank.

Double-page supporter
The NIN NIN Manual Section 7, Page 2 (Column: "Who are the Shirunin?") confirms that the title of "Bochu-Jutsu Instructor" is nominal. The title means nothing and serves no actual purpose. While Kato made it to the rank of Chunin despite previously being a Shirunin, Igarashi remains a Shirunin with no other change to rank.
So he wasn't so much a "lecturer" so much as a "classroom aid" (barf!). Thanks for the correction. Boy, if ever a manga needed a wiki, right...

Users who are viewing this thread