Unholy Blood

@xlhca You do know everything here is illegally translated? If you want to act rightful maybe stop reading here. Nothing against you. I just think you’re a hypocrite.

@Papercraftt bruh yes im a proud hypocrite yaya

I'm not tryna act like i have moral high ground or some bs. idk if she can press legal charges or whatever but it isn't comfortable - I still remember that stupid 'when's the next chapter coming out on mangago' tweet on some Lezhin BL author's page and how that author reacted. Doesn't look good.

@xlhca I couldn’t understand what you’re saying. But your words are contradicting. You’re saying you’re a proud hypocrite but tell others to stop reading this when you continue to read illegally? What gave you the rights to tell others what to do when you’re doing the same thing. If you felt bad for the author maybe you should stop reading “illegal” works.

Like someone said it really is stupid to mark something “illegal” when others are just translating it for free Instead of taking profits from it.

Also stop telling others you felt bad for the authors because translators are going against their will when you yourself still leisurely read illegal things. In fact I don’t think you even care, you just “feel bad”, but you continue to still do it. If you felt bad maybe delete your account and start paying legally translated webtoons. But you continue to put up a “felt bad” facade? I just don’t understand. Just makes you look pathetic man. Stop commenting telling others to commit something when you can’t even commit it yourself. Just makes you sound like an annoying hypocrite. This conversation is going nowhere. It makes me mad that you continue to feel pity for the author when you yourself is doing the same thing that causes their anger. If you want to tell others to do something, make sure you done it before.

Clearly you tried to be the justice of these “pitiful authors” but what? Still continue to do it. Just stop commenting 😑

Double-page supporter
the art is nice but i don't find the story or characters very interesting

Double-page supporter
@hobnobs
A product SHE created. She owns it. It is very possible English Webtoon will translate to english. But did you know? A lot of english comics of Webtoon is actually getting ripped by others manga reading websites like Mangakakalot even thought they are being officially published for free ?? Those authors are losing views while these websites are getting the ad revenue the authors and webtoon should be getting. Webtoon is the better otions for online authors to get published but they are losing money. When a yet to be released title like White Blood already has illegal scans in lots of sites and chapters ahead of the official release, don't you think it's gonna somehow harm the payoffs of the author?

PS. Mangadex is the better reading site option that respects scanlations and author given the situation.

@_oxxy
Paulo Coelho already was a really well know writer. That doesn't really apply for small creators. Do you think ALL the mangas translated here, the authors are getting something? How many doujinshis artist are getting big internationally?
Really, it's a grey area. I do know some works got popular ONLY thanks to fans but at the same time that didn't happen to a lot of others works. Titles that were acclaimed in Japan, will continue to get big, but smaller, niches titles ... probably won't get a lot of money. This thinking of " we are advertising " when small creators aren't getting a lot, it just benefits us.
My take on all this is , we are doing wrong, if we get called out to acknowledge it, and when possible to pay for legal translations/physical copies.

@Papercraftt
We are all leeches reading illegal translations, but we got have common sense and to not take for granted the authors work as if they are obligated to give us for free.
We are like the ones in the wrong, i don't pretend to not know that and act like the authors shouldn't complain. After all, I am reading illegally without paying. Guilty as charged.
People will continue to pirate stuff, that's life, but that doesn't mean gotta stop from being less wrong when possible lol

A time ago, a korean artist released a series of animations s of her story through youtube, the videos that had adult content she charged one/two dollar. It got pirated and she discovered she complained. The "fans" harassed her. "Fans" who felt entitled to get her content for free.

PS I also do pay for legal translations, read officially on webtoon, support on patreon when possible and follow the authors to show support.
Not saying everyone should do the same as not everyone have the same financial situation, but we are reading illegally so we gotta have the common sense to know that if the authors discovers shit will go down and it's in their right and not to be AUTHOR IS BAD >( lol

Fed-Kun's army
@kamishiro Read what I wrote again.
"Does she mean the official English release won't be worked on or does she mean that she'll stop making series entirely? If it's the latter case, empty threat, got a problem with someone translating your work in a language you haven't made it available in? Too bad."

@kamishiro I don’t know what you’re talking about. Please re read what I just said. I did not said the authors are the wrong? It was the person telling people to stop translating when he was also clearly reading off from illegal sites. And I doubt mangadex is giving the money to the authors unless you have proof they do? Anyways you misunderstood and please re-read and not create a random scenario that never happened.

Edit: MANGADEX DOES NOT SUPPORT any authors. I looked for any information regarding their affiliation, and it does not state anything. Also if they did the author of white blood whos clearly mad for english translation would know about this website. No matter how much you justify this site, everyone is not legally reading off here. Its hard to support authors without any legal documents thats why a lot of apps that is legal does not contain a lot of webtoons.

Double-page supporter
@Papercraftt " Mangadex is the better reading site option that respects scanlations and author given the situation." what i meant is mangadex is the less worse lol not that they have any official affiliation to authors. The respect i meant given the grey morally situation, they still have some sorta respect as they do take down licensed mangas and if any scanlations group don't approve their translations to be uploaded they also take down. Yes, mangadex it is still an illegal site. Never said otherwise.

Dude, you replied to another user, that was asking saying to just respect White Blood author. The same user never said to stop reading all illegal scans. Re read all the previous interactions.
Your response argument sounded like because we are in the same boat ( reading illegal scans ) the user can't ask to respect the author or try to be less wrong abt it. My response was because of this kinda of logic.
Glad you don't antagonize authors, my mistake.

"
@Hobnobs I did and i also read this one here " @kamishiro She is not obligated to do anything, she can, however, stuff it if she wants to threaten people that are consuming a product that neither the author or publisher hasn't made available to that audience. Acting as if they're losing money, it's the same argument as stating that every single pirated copy of a digital product is a lost sale when that is demonstrably false."

And your dismissal of the author reaction to people using HER work without permission was baffling. And then i replied explaining that the losing money is very real.
They created their work, it doesn't disappear just because it's not available in another country.
For example :
If a small foreigner book author discover his book was being translated without permission will you blame him for not having the power to be published internationally? Saying he can stuff it and that's too bad for him?
If a foreigner artists doesn't have the means to ship internationally in an accessible way , does that mean people making illegal prints/merch of his work and putting on the internet, that's on him?
If an online workshop you really wanna join but the teacher doesn't speak english, is it okay others record his class, translate and put it on free without his permission?

The asnwer is no. They still OWN the stuff they created. So they are in their right to get mad. Our response shouldn't be " Well, it's on them because they didn't made it accessible at my country/langauge. Too bad for them "
Like we are the ones doing the wrong?? The minimum we should do is not be dismissive or surprised when they discover their work is being used without permission and get rly mad ? lol

@kamishiro what are you trying to say? Mangadex is no better than any other site. So you’re saying they’re good until they get caught? I dont remember them asking for the consent of the author, hence still making them a culprit for being bad. It doesnt make them any less better. They’re taking off legal things because they can get in trouble. So stop justifying this site please, its no better than any other manga sites. If we’re talking about logic here, no websites hosting other peoples belongings are RIGHT unless they are consented of the rightful owners. You are wrong! -_-

Also you kept saying the same user said not to read other illegal scans but only specifically only white blood JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN CAUGHT. This would IMPLY TO EVERYTHING. So your argument is invalid at this point sir/maam. I believe all authors would create the same reaction as the white blood author that is why I told the person he shouldnt be the one talking.

I agree we are all on the same boat, so I think we shouldn’t tell others what to do regarding the mangas/manhuas/manwhas here. Because we all have no rights for it in first place.

Fed-Kun's army
@kamishiro

It appears that maybe whatever browser or mobile phone you're using doesn't show bolded text, I understand, let me cut it down even more for you to finally understand the actual context the argument is based on.
or does she mean that she'll stop making series entirely? If it's the latter case...

Do I really need to explain to you that the context of the argument is based off of an author going nuclear because someone has translated their work without their permission. I'm not arguing against her being discouraged from getting the work published in another language because someone had already done so without her permission. I'm arguing over the sheer audacity to threaten to stop working on a project in its entirety because someone decided to translate it in another language against her wishes. This is such a childish reaction and I WILL NOT SUPPORT an individual who behaves this way and I am criticizing her for it, and again, this criticism is all under the assumption that it was what she meant, because she did not make it clear in her rant if she was threatening to stop working on White Blood in its entirety or just the English translation.

Oh and no, I disagree with the notion that scanlation results in lost sales.

Double-page supporter
@Papercraftt just saying mangadex is the lesser evil, still illegal, not that is right lol where did you come to that conclusion. All the these websites are illegal, most are earning a big profit ripping off scanlations and official sites, some get donations to keep the website running.

" Also you kept saying the same user said not to read other illegal scans but only specifically only white blood JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN CAUGHT. This would IMPLY TO EVERYTHING. So your argument is invalid at this point sir/maam. I believe all authors would create the same reaction as the white blood author that is why I told the person he shouldnt be the one talking. "

The previous comments are still up and no one prohibited anything. When did i say that no to read illegal scans? lol I specifically said i'm guilty as charged before, overall , my point it not to be dismissive when authors get mad because they are in their right. In this case, White Blood.

" The minimum we should do is not be dismissive or surprised when they discover their work is being used without permission and get rly mad ? lol "

Just because everyone is in the same boat, it doesn't mean someone can't try to be respectful to the author ya know? Not everything is just an all-or-nothing.
And yes, all authors are in their right to be mad. As we are in the wrong.

@Hobnobs

" Does she mean the official English release won't be worked on or does she mean that she'll stop making series entirely? If it's the latter case, empty threat, got a problem with someone translating your work in a language you haven't made it available in? Too bad.

kamishiro
You talk as she is obliged to give us content in a language that she doesn't know. She is korean, her target audience is korea. As fans, we should ask/petition to Webtoon ( her publisher ) to publish in english. And that is a matter of time, as Webtoon aims to be present in many countries. That is in THEIR power, not hers.

Hobnobs
She is not obligated to do anything, she can, however, stuff it if she wants to threaten people that are consuming a product that neither the author or publisher hasn't made available to that audience. Acting as if they're losing money, it's the same argument as stating that every single pirated copy of a digital product is a lost sale when that is demonstrably false. "

I understood since the beginning that you didn't like she was making empty threats of stop working. But then again, it was clear that she was probably just lashing out for discovering there were illegal scans of her work. You knew it was probably empty threat and were being dismissive of her reaction. That is why i pointed out how you talked as she was obliged giving content in a language she doesn't know.
She IS the creator and she is entitled to rant on her instagram. Specially when it's illegal and without her permission. We are not entitled of that she creates.

" she can, however, stuff it if she wants to threaten people that are consuming a product that neither the author or publisher hasn't made available to that audience. Acting as if they're losing money, it's the same argument as stating that every single pirated copy of a digital product is a lost sale when that is demonstrably false. "

Again being dismissive. And kinda seems blaming them for not having the content available lol
Losing money is a big deal to a lot of people. I pointed out how the possibility of losing money is very real. Authors of webtoon earn with contract and with ad rev. They aren't like rich people.

" Oh and no, I disagree with the notion that scanlation results in lost sales. "

Scanlations can help a title get popular and can also harm. Stating as false is weird because it's really relative each case. It can help or it can harm.

@kamishiro before you make statement, make sure you leave evidence. You keep proving your point of “this website is lesser evil” ??? My argument is they’re not justified just because they’re hosting non-legal comics THEY ARE REQUIRED TO. Theres a difference. They are required to take out legal webtoons because of of LEGAL problems they can face. So no, your statement still invalid. Stop arguing for something you can’t prove. They may or may not profit from this site BUT IT STILL WONT change the fact THAT MANGADEX DOES NOT HAVE CONSENT OF EVERY AUTHOR.

Did you see my statement perviously? Like I said no one, NO ONE is entitled to tell people what to do or tell here, why? Because each and everyone here is illegally reading off from here. Did you see my point? Its so hard to communicate with you because im not trying to be rude but you’re english is broken, I understand it but you literally do not get my point and you kept arguing you’re right when you’re wrong and you keep spouting nonsense I couldn’t understand.

To the person I was arguing with, If you read illegally, and tell people to stop translating illegal things, that makes you a hypocrite. No one is ENTITLED, NO ONE HAS THE RIGHTS, to tell people what to do because he/she is doing the same thing by supporting illegal things.

With all due respect, just stop arguing to me. I literally stated everything and you keep saying “lesser evil” THIS SITE IS NO BETTER THAN ANY SITE HOSTING mangas/manwhas/manhua UNLESS THEY ARE EACH INDIVIDUALLY GIVEN CONSENT BY AN AUTHOR. You literally ignored that fact and pushed on your views without evidence.

I never got dismissive about THE AUTHORS. I got MAD AT SOMEONE who READS ILLEGAL THINGS and THEN DISMISS TRANSLATORS to TRANSLATING ILLEGAL THINGS. You KEEP IGNORING THAT FACT. Stop creating your own assumptions, and then argue to someone for something you can’t argue.

There are elements of this story I like, but elements that are really inconsistent. She's massively faster than this guy in chapters 19 and 20, but the guy is able to pull a gun when it's convenient, and run into a crowd when it's convenient.

Oh my god, that cop...I was not expecting that, that was a very nice twist! That cliffhanger killed me though send help-

Users who are viewing this thread