Unnamed Memory - Vol. 5 Ch. 26 - Tonight, Under the Moon 3

Contributor
Welp, that took this manga from an 8 to a 6 for me in a few short pages, had to read it a couple times to make sure I wasn’t seeing things. Damn

Dex-chan lover
In the manga's defense, they couldn't really use Oscar's internal monologue: in the novel he realizes his dumb actions right away and swears to never, ever do anything like that again... though that doesn't really change the fact he didn't think BEFORE acting that way...

Dex-chan lover
Was already annoyed with Oscar and dislike him as the protagonist/main love interest. His rape prank attempt just reinforce my dislike for him.

Dex-chan lover
Every single chapter:
Prince: "Marry me"
Tinasha: "No I don't want to"

Having experienced someone still making moves after a rejection and seeing other friends go through the same, it's not cute or romantic, it's a disturbing red flag. And being pretend-rapey to get a reaction out of someone you like is just... so far this has been far from a healthy romance.

Dex-chan lover
Yup, this chapter clinches it for me. I've never liked how Oscar is so touchy-feely, and I've never liked how he keeps forcing himself into her business. Now we can throw SA and getting her badly hurt with that stupid bracelet on top.
Right!? Normally I appreciate a back and forth relationship, but Tinasha's said no, no, and no. She don't want none, but Oscar keeps coming on to her.
He's being a real creep, especially now with the bracelet.

Dex-chan lover
From a realistic perspective all of this is very weird and messed up, but you have to think about it in terms of manga logic; mangakas are usually aliens who've observed human behaviour from spaceships on orbit, and can only costrue this type of behaviour - so we have the rapey prince who is actually a charismatic hero that we're supposed to like, the timeless witch that behaves like a teenager, prince's subordinates acting like dolts, etc.

Dex-chan lover
Oh how extremely convenient for the plot that the bracelet stayed on.

it's annoying me how oscar never took account tinasha's personal feelings of why she doesnt want to get married to him (like his short lifespan for example) and selfishly pushes her everytime (progression isnt good enough right now to think tinasha's eventual "love" for him isnt forced if they do end up getting married)

and after this chapter, his character just got even worse.... im hoping that him making an attempt at SA and restricting her magic was some kind of influence by the ultimate villain since tinasha got flashbacks from him

but if the prince "scaring" tinasha into being with him was his own stupid idea then idk if i wanna continue this manga because i REALLY hate our main characters' dynamic now (whereas prev i could just be mildly annoyed by the prince)...

Users who are viewing this thread