Unrequited Love Bookstore

Group Leader
Hi all!

Welcome to Cotton Candy Scans X Lost Translations' first joint project!

We hope you guys enjoy this one :>

Feel free to hop over to our Discords to chat and more!
CCS https://discord.gg/vdb9byu
LTL https://discord.gg/Wm85eTD

I wanted to thank the scans groups for picking this manga up. It’s been years since I last saw this manga and I look forward to finally be able to read it through to completion

Thank you cotton candy scans and lost translation for picking up this manga 💕

Please be patient. We're currently working on volume 2! We plan to finish the whole series!

Group Leader
I only got to page 14 of the first chapter before I couldn't stand the male lead any longer. Arrogant, asshole, manipulative chauvinist pig. After reading the description, I thought I'd give it a go since it's only 12 chapters, but I wish I hadn't. I just don't understand why authors make one (or both) of the lead characters in a romance so despicably unlikeable to begin with that any sensible person would never like them no matter how much the author heaps redemption upon them.

Hahaha, it pays to have French as your 2nd/3rd language sometimes and this was one of those times.
A fluffy little story with some funny gags here and there. I really liked the FL but wish she hadn't fallen for the ML so quickly and with such unwavering resolve as she RIGHT at the beginning
. Not sure how much of that (if any) could be categorized as spoiler-y but I put the tags just in case.

Anybody know who the couple is on the last page of chap 6? The scanlators recruitment page

Dude that male lead better have some serious backstory to explain just why he’s being like this to our sweet cinnamon roll of a female lead.

@FredFriendly Unlikeable to you. This is basically the male shoujo version of a sadistic tsundere. It makes the character flawed so there is something to create conflict. Also aparently the japanese target demographic(and not only) likes this kind of lead. If you just want some fluff, shoujo mangas is oversaturated with it.

I prefer a kinder male lead to the sadistic and dishonest type like we have here, but it wasn't so bad and tolerably cute before our adorable 2nd ML showed up and 1st ML really ramped up the dumb games. Siiiigh, I guess I should probably drop this one before it gets worse. 😅

Users who are viewing this thread