Until I, A Fallen Nobleman, Was Called the Great Sage With My Hazure (?) Skill “Super Jack-of-All-Trades” - Vol. 2 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
So confusing.
Why are they making such a big deal about some stomach ache he mentions while running energetically, to the point asking the witch for tons of medical herbs?
Why did nina stop appearing after telling the lord she wouldn't follow his orders any longer and would out his actions if he continued blackmailing? And why is mc not worried about her obviously having been murdered after he lit the lord on fire?
When did nords father do something bad and get imprisoned? I don't remember that scene. Also, why is mc not worried about an obviously corrupt lord murdering his family's maid and framing+imprisoning the family-friend (nords father)?
Who does he have to rely on and persuade? And why would he tell his teacher that he has someone like that? Feels rather out of context all of a sudden. And then she hates that person? Would have been more useful if he told her about the lord, and had her hate him instead.
The lord is already erased from society?

Overall the chapter felt like a mess imo.

Dex-chan lover
Don't you love it when the idea of being good is that you can't get justice???

Being good means prioritizing bad people and letting them get away with sh*t???

Killing him is wrong, so instead reward him by forgiving him.

It feels like you're a f***ing coward.

Dex-chan lover
Why are they making such a big deal about some stomach ache he mentions while running energetically, to the point asking the witch for tons of medical herbs?
That would be because of the trauma they got after the elder brother (unknowingly to them) got poisoned and almost died, sending their family spiraling into poverty; they simply don't want history to repeat itself again.
Why did nina stop appearing after telling the lord she wouldn't follow his orders any longer and would out his actions if he continued blackmailing? And why is mc not worried about her obviously having been murdered after he lit the lord on fire?
Most likely shame. Whilst she liked the MC's family and wanted to help them, truth of the matter is that she DID help spy for their enemy and her very presence alongside them was a potential danger, since the bastard lord could always treathen her again in order to gain more info, or simply to "finish the job". The MC not being worried is simply him not showing it and not knowing how to feel about her; she was a friend to their family for years, but she was also a double-agent, so it's kinda complicated (besides, saying that she got murdered is a bit of a stretch don't you think?).
When did nords father do something bad and get imprisoned? I don't remember that scene.
Background details, kinda like skipping content to explain why the MC stopped having contact with the girl, though if you're talking about WN/LN differences then I have no idea, must've been a new addition.
Also, why is mc not worried about an obviously corrupt lord murdering his family's maid and framing+imprisoning the family-friend (nords father)?
Who does he have to rely on and persuade?
The MC is tremendously worried about the fat bastard and we can see him seriously considering killing him, the problem would be that he has pretty much no evidence, no skill, no money, little to no backers and no clue on how to proceed. He will most likely take care of the shitstain later, but for now he clearly needs to train and gather forces in order to even think of making a plan.
And why would he tell his teacher that he has someone like that? Feels rather out of context all of a sudden. And then she hates that person? Would have been more useful if he told her about the lord, and had her hate him instead.
The MC needed someone to talk to to get the damn thing out of his chest, a confidant of sorts, not to mention he also needed an excuse as to why he need to up the training regime. Also, he DID tell her about the lord, hence why she said she "hated that kind of person", aka the kind that the fast bastard belongs to.
The lord is already erased from society?

Overall the chapter felt like a mess imo.
Yeah, that must've been a translation issue, most likely she meant that instead of murdering him and making him a martyr, their plan should be to ruin him socially and erase any influence he has on their society.

The pacing could've been better, but it's not as bad as you claim it to be.

Dex-chan lover
Don't you love it when the idea of being good is that you can't get justice???

Being good means prioritizing bad people and letting them get away with sh*t???

Killing him is wrong, so instead reward him by forgiving him.

It feels like you're a f***ing coward.
She's not telling him to forgive him, she's simply warning him from going so deep into his revenge that he ends up following the same path as him.

"An eye for an eye and the entire world will go blind."
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."

The MC had absolutely no plan whatsoever and his only thought was to kill the sunvabitch, but simply doing that would'be brought more problems than solutions, ruining his and his family's lives, and sending him into a dark path that he doesn't deserve, much less because of a worthless worm like that guy. The idea is not not to have revenge, but to do it intelligently and to not let it consume you. The asshole SHOULD pay, but the MC shouldn't have to pay while making him pay.

Think of the Count of Montecristo and how the guy, whilst consumed by his revenge, did it smartly in a way that ruined his enemies' lives and legacy, which was much worse than simply walking to them and shooting them in the middle of the street.

Dex-chan lover
Most likely shame. Whilst she liked the MC's family and wanted to help them, truth of the matter is that she DID help spy for their enemy and her very presence alongside them was a potential danger, since the bastard lord could always treathen her again in order to gain more info, or simply to "finish the job". The MC not being worried is simply him not showing it and not knowing how to feel about her; she was a friend to their family for years, but she was also a double-agent, so it's kinda complicated (besides, saying that she got murdered is a bit of a stretch don't you think?).
Think that shame would not be a reason for her to not at least show her face and quit her job. Instead of suddenly disappearing seemingly murdered.
Background details, kinda like skipping content to explain why the MC stopped having contact with the girl, though if you're talking about WN/LN differences then I have no idea, must've been a new addition.
Feels like your best friend suddenly being a criminals child would be a rather big detail, not mere bg.
The MC is tremendously worried about the fat bastard and we can see him seriously considering killing him, the problem would be that he has pretty much no evidence, no skill, no money, little to no backers and no clue on how to proceed. He will most likely take care of the shitstain later, but for now he clearly needs to train and gather forces in order to even think of making a plan.
You replied about worried about the fat bastard, when the quote was about the fat bastard murdering his maid + framing his friends father? These 2 are actions, not the person performing said actions. Also, you could have cut out the last sentence in the thing you quoted, as it wasn't part of what you replied :p
The MC needed someone to talk to to get the damn thing out of his chest, a confidant of sorts, not to mention he also needed an excuse as to why he need to up the training regime. Also, he DID tell her about the lord, hence why she said she "hated that kind of person", aka the kind that the fast bastard belongs to.
Would make more sense to talk to her about the fat bastard lord in that case, instead of talkign about the person he "can rely on and persuade". And your reply still doesn't explain why she hates the person he "can rely on and persuade".
and for that last part, dunno if he did tell her about the lord. Don't remember such a section. And she never talked about hating the lord for sure, the only part where she talked about hate, was the part when he talked about the person he "can rely on and persuade".
Yeah, that must've been a translation issue, most likely she meant that instead of murdering him and making him a martyr, their plan should be to ruin him socially and erase any influence he has on their society.

The pacing could've been better, but it's not as bad as you claim it to be.
The entire chapter was a mess and full of both translation issues and contextual issues.

Dex-chan lover
Would make more sense to talk to her about the fat bastard lord in that case
As Vlad said, that's exactly what he did do. He very specifically told her about the fat bastard and what he did.
And your reply still doesn't explain why she hates the person he "can rely on and persuade".
She doesn't hate the person he "can rely on and persuade", she is that person. Instead, the person she hates is the evil lord.
The only part where she talked about hate, was the part when he talked about the person he "can rely on and persuade".
When she talked about hate, it followed after a quick timeskip where he explained the whole situation to her off-screen, as can be seen by the "to tell you the truth" line the precedes it (as lines like "to tell you the truth" tend to proceed this sort of off-screen explanation). As such, she's replying to the situation with the lord.

I feel like a lot of your misunderstandings here stem from his internal monologue where he thinks "should I try to speak up to sensei that I may have someone to rely on and persuade to some extent". While it's true that this is a bit of a scuffed translation (Animated Glitch Scans are not exactly known for their quality work), it's pretty clear that there should be a "so" in there between the words "sensei" and "that", turning it into "should I try to speak up to sensei so that I may have someone to rely on and persuade to some extent". Realistically, it should probably be something more like "I should tell sensei so that I have someone to rely on" (or possibly "should I tell sensei so that I have someone to rely on?", since I don't know if it's phrased as a question or not in the raws), but again: Animated Glitch is not known for high-quality translations. Either way, the gist of it is that he's considering telling her about the entire situation so that he has someone to confide in about it all, and ultimately he decides to tell her (after which she reacts in disgust to the lord's actions).

Users who are viewing this thread