Until I Become Me - Ch. 62

Double-page supporter
I am not sure if she really liked Shouma considering how little they interacted and how little she thought of him, the only instance before the confession I can remember was way back when Erika revealed she had a crush on him and she remembered the times he was nice to her. I do agree that she might be bi though but it's still a long ways from her figuring that out (Will she even figure it out? Remember the manga is supposed to end when she enters high school)

I am not sure if she [Akira] really liked Shouma considering how little they interacted and how little she thought of him ...

It does seem that any romantic vibes that may have occurred between the two came mostly from Shouma. In Chapter 25, Shouma 'stiffens up' when he touches hands with Akira, wherein Akira has almost no reaction to that happening, other than telling herself that she is still socially incompetent at this point in her life.

Also, in Chapter 39, the two once again touch and graze each other's hands while passing each other on the stairs. At such an unexpected happening, Akira slips and begins to fall down the stairs, as Shouma does the 'white knight in shining armor' thing to protect her and break her fall, by grabbing her hand, changing positions mid-air, and having her land on top of him. The two hold hands at the bottom of the stairs for quite a while, seemingly unhurt, potentially with romantic vibes from Shouma, yet all Akira does is apologize and speak his name once, nothing more.

I do agree that she might be bi[sexual] though but it's still a long ways from her figuring that out (Will she even figure it out?)

It seems that Akira might have hints of being bisexual. She is certainly attracted to her female friends (Aoi, Natsumi, etc.), plus her rather intimate friendship with Rumi.

Yet, when Akira meets a fellow male student who looks exactly like her 'ideal boyfriend' avatar (Chapter 46), she is briefly interested in him, with other students immediately shipping the two of them together.

Then again, Akira had consented to be together, one-on-one, with Shouma at the Summer Festival. She was comfortable enough to be with him, although to others they certainly looked like a typical boyfriend/girlfriend couple. Akira even had a Love Confession directed to her by Shouma (Chapters 49-50), although if she may have felt anything romantic for Shouma, it was not enough to prevent her from declining.

And finally, Rumi gossips to other female friends that Akira has caught the attention of several boys in class with her abject cuteness, but it is possible, although not definitive, that Akira herself knows or has reacted to those boy's infatuations. (Chapter 61)

Seems that Akira could be bisexual, at least in a social sense, if not in a romantic sense. But we will have to see where the story goes.

Dex-chan lover
^ Agreed.
Akira is probably bi, though Rumi still best endgame by far. But part of the story, and part of where it looks to be going, is Akira struggling to understand her sexuality. There's been some notions of it so far, and it seems like she's having an internal struggle about what it means. She's thinking "do I like girls because I used to be a boy, or do I like boys because I am now a girl", and feeling scared to really confirm or deny either because she feels if she says she likes girls it means she's a boy and if she says she likes boys it means she's a girl. But hopefully the nurse's words reach her enough, that it's okay to like whoever, girl or boy, and that that doesn't effect her own gender.

Double-page supporter
The sudden sex change is just a pretext to tell a story about a girl who's trying to figure herself out. I really like it, it's very sweet. I read all of it in one sitting, looking forward to new chapters. Thanks for the translation. If I may suggest something, I think the symbols for male and female look and read better than having (M) and (F), but it might just be me.

Fed-Kun's army
The sudden sex change is just a pretext to tell a story about a girl who's trying to figure herself out. I really like it, it's very sweet. I read all of it in one sitting, looking forward to new chapters. Thanks for the translation. If I may suggest something, I think the symbols for male and female look and read better than having (M) and (F), but it might just be me.
I keep reading it like I'm and if, it's kinda distracting. like, with the venus/mars symbols, my eyes glaze over them if I'm reading fast, but I'm still parsing it as "I" instead of a different word entirely.
4 months and no chapter, AGAIN
Ch 63 was actually released on March 25th

Users who are viewing this thread