Until I Become Me - Ch. 66

Dex-chan lover
Wonder if the 2nd Place "Big Breasts" is the one with the Illness 😐 Since it oddly focused on her blushing

Speaking of sex-ed i really hope the story wont the take the "You're now a girl, so you suddenly and inexplicably feel attracted to men, for the sake of it" 🤔 Considering Akira made it look like she's somewhat attracted to Rumi on some occasions

Contributor
RIP your Facebook page. Unfortunately, it seems like all social media sites turn to crap after reaching a certain threshold.

As for the chapter - we’re finally getting another genderswapped girl! Neat - limiting it to Akira was okay, but you could definitely have more conflicts by having two people

RIP your Facebook page. Unfortunately, it seems like all social media sites turn to crap after reaching a certain threshold.

As for the chapter - we’re finally getting another genderswapped girl! Neat - limiting it to Akira was okay, but you could definitely have more conflicts by having two people
It could be interesting if the other person were a girl that turned into a boy

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation smileyguy, thanks for persevering through the digital nightmares.

The next girl with the disorder... I'm guessing Tanaka Makoto. Gender neutral name (like Akira) and "serious and plain" with an aloof look is a good armor for anxiety, confusion, and resignation. And maybe little familiarity with styling or makeup compared to many of the other people in the biased rankings.

That would set up two good contrasts: Her and Akira who is handling this well by now, and her 2-2 classmate Yagisawa Hana who manifests girl power like a mystical creature. And Yagisawa was introduced around the same time.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation! Rip to your FB page but probably better off not on FB

What a cliffhanger as now I am dying to know what this person will be like!

Dex-chan lover
Can I ask how your PC got hacked? I use my PC for work as a WFH graphic designer and I always get anxious about these things. If it's personal, never mind.

Dex-chan lover
Wonder if the 2nd Place "Big Breasts" is the one with the Illness 😐 Since it oddly focused on her blushing

Speaking of sex-ed i really hope the story wont the take the "You're now a girl, so you suddenly and inexplicably feel attracted to men, for the sake of it" 🤔 Considering Akira made it look like she's somewhat attracted to Rumi on some occasions
Didn't they already do a story about akira being curious about boys. It was back when akira wore a kimono at the festival.

Dex-chan lover
Was this weird TL or just a weird chapter in general?
What is the thing "everyone in school" is talking about on page3? "Tension" between rumi and akira? thats weird why would people care or suspect anything
And what the fuck is the teacher talking about? She called akira over and then they just apologized to each other and left???

Natsumi has been around forever its not her
Its one of the two girls they were watching in the classroom 100%
Akira is gay as fuck too
Thanks for the translation smileyguy, thanks for persevering through the digital nightmares.

The next girl with the disorder... I'm guessing Tanaka Makoto. Gender neutral name (like Akira) and "serious and plain" with an aloof look is a good armor for anxiety, confusion, and resignation. And maybe little familiarity with styling or makeup compared to many of the other people in the biased rankings.

That would set up two good contrasts: Her and Akira who is handling this well by now, and her 2-2 classmate Yagisawa Hana who manifests girl power like a mystical creature. And Yagisawa was introduced around the same time.
2 new characters were introduced this chapter
One is a mean girl
The other is an "unapproachable beauty" with similar looks to akira and a unisex first name
You tell me who it is lol

Anyway nana when

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This chapter is a bit confusing to me. A great deal seems to have happened between this chapter and 65. I'm forced to assume that everyone in school now knows about Akira (though the evidence does seem to point to the opposite).
I too am curious about this other person with the disease. Some seem to think that this person is from the school, however, the teacher never states that, saying "There's someone around your age with the same disease you have". This kid could be in the same school or not. This could lead to the narration we saw in the very first chapter of this series which ends with "This is the story until I became a high-school girl" - that's right, a framing device.
Let's hope Akira reunites with Nana before this series ends.

Dex-chan lover
A great deal seems to have happened between this chapter and 65
Nothing significant has happened between chapters 65 and 66, nothing we could've realistically been shown. Summer break ended, they are back to school; Rumi and Akira's relationship is somewhat estranged because Rumi still needs to sort out what she thinks and feels about Akira, so their awkwardness is apparent to the others. I don't think Akira told anyone else, for one, the teacher is still acting hush-hush about it; and it would be a disastrously horrible idea anyway.

I am concerned about page 2 however, too much focus on Rumi saying Yeah, that's right. It looks like she does not mean it, so it could be that she's thinking of those things in relation to Akira, or could be that she's got a boyfriend.

Double-page supporter
It could be interesting if the other person were a girl that turned into a boy
It would be a wild twist if it ended up being the girl Akira bullied when she was little
This chapter is a bit confusing to me. A great deal seems to have happened between this chapter and 65. I'm forced to assume that everyone in school now knows about Akira (though the evidence does seem to point to the opposite).
Look at the narration bubbles on page 3. The last one has a tail pointing at Aoi, meaning that was just shit she was making up as a joke. Rumi even did the classic tsukkomi "are you an idiot?!" thing.

Supporter
Nothing significant has happened between chapters 65 and 66, nothing we could've realistically been shown. Summer break ended, they are back to school; Rumi and Akira's relationship is somewhat estranged because Rumi still needs to sort out what she thinks and feels about Akira, so their awkwardness is apparent to the others. I don't think Akira told anyone else, for one, the teacher is still acting hush-hush about it; and it would be a disastrously horrible idea anyway.

I am concerned about page 2 however, too much focus on Rumi saying Yeah, that's right. It looks like she does not mean it, so it could be that she's thinking of those things in relation to Akira, or could be that she's got a boyfriend.
I really hope it's not that second thing, but this series does have that kind of angsty vibe sometimes. Unrequited, or partially requited feelings... ach, don't wanna think about it. I want them to at least work through whatever it is they're doing before they move on from one another/choose to remain friends, even if that's not always the most realistic way things work out.

Users who are viewing this thread