Until I Become Me - Vol. 4 Ch. 45

Fed-Kun's army
@Noy_Telinu This story is a very different case from Boku Girl though, takes place over a much longer span of time and Akira changed sex before he/she had an idea what his/her sexual orientation even was.

Personally I don't mind either route, as long as it is consistent with the story.

It is either a choice between a boy or a girl as a romantic partner but I am rooting for Rumi

Rumi always been there for Akira. She understand and always supportive of Akira.

Telling another person that Akira used to be a boy is something scary. So far, Rumi is the only Akira willingly to tell her.

Akira has the right choose whoever she likes l, be it a girl or boy. Most importantly, whom she will love be loved back.

of all candidates, Rumi is the best fit

Dex-chan lover
@Noy_Telinu same, its why I hate genderbend manga, I mean i still try to read them but the romance man legit makes me hate it, Its always the male now female suddenly out of no where doesn't like the girl he's been after for years and likes the male just cause she's female, like wtf is that bullshit legit feels like a copout aka bad writing, I have yet to read a genderbend series thats good where the male now female ends up dating another female cause its always male x female.....whenever I bring this up to other people who defend boku girl or Tensei Pandemic they can never give me a good concrete reason, its always some garbage answer lmao

Dex-chan lover
@khiem11 just the fact in the early chapters where Rumi said that if Akira was a boy she'd like to date her already says alot, if this doesn't end with Akira x Rumi and instead some boy then author better give a REALLY good reason for that shit or else this will go in the genderbend with shit endings collection again

@dokidoki I wholeheartedly agreed that this manga should have a good ending to justify everything instead of 'Oh she is a girl she must like boys'

I hope the next arc should be more about discovering herself and love

Genderbender author doesn't give too much thought about how one should feel beyond 1st few reactions and it suk

I have better expectations for this manga but just wait and see

Dex-chan lover
Aoi-senchou not holding back.

Low quality vs high quality versions should just be called the live-version and the once-in-a-blue-moon-version.

Dex-chan lover
@khiem11 It looks like it probably will build towards her liking girls rather than boys based on what has been seen.
Like I'm sure she might end up trying to date a guy or dealing with a confession out of thinking that is what she is meant to do, but the last few chapters have indicated more that she does still like girls. The nurse or doctor or whatever her job title is did actual reassure her a bit already that she doesn't have to be this fixed type of normal, she can be what she wants to be.

@dokidoki
"just the fact in the early chapters where Rumi said that if Akira was a boy she'd like to date her already says alot"
i think you're reading a little too much in an expression said between girls, it barely says anything
Rumi has explained already in ch 26 that the reason their whole conflict happened was because she was forcing herself to act like her older sister, forcing Akira to be the "little sister" of their relationship, when Akira started to talk and spend time with Aoi, Rumi realized that Akira no longer depended of her like she did years ago. The whole point of the conflict was that Rumi always looked at her relationship with Akira as that of sisters
there are already various minor details that indicate that Akira might be going in the Shouma route rather than Rumi route, though both routes are still possible
ch 29. First time Akira blushes bcs of a boy
ch 36. While Akira thinks about how Shouma/Sahara was the first person to accept her when she first transferred(even before Rumi, ch 2 evidences that Shouma had already tried to talk to Akira before to invite her to play with the boys) she blushes and her heart skips a bear, even she doesn't know why
ch 39. Akira discovers that p*rn only confuses her, not understanding why boys are so interested on it
ch 44. Akira creates a male character that'd be the kind of man she would be attracted to

Group Leader
@Smileyguy thanks for the quick translations, this series has become one of my favorite, really good genderbender.

Dex-chan lover
@FutureHacker222 I'm legit curious why you even bothered to explain all that to me, "I think you're reading a little too much in an expression said between girls, it barely says anything" I could say the same to you, the only thing I agree with you is that it could go both ways, at this point theres so much that the author could do with this series like we have zero idea, the only way I can see a fuck up is if they decide to do a time skip for some dumb reason

Dex-chan lover
@dokidoki
just the fact in the early chapters where Rumi said that if Akira was a boy she'd like to date her already says alot, if this doesn't end with Akira x Rumi and instead some boy then author better give a REALLY good reason for that shit or else this will go in the genderbend with shit endings collection again
Lol yeah.
It's like pulling the reader under the rug and surprise, one of the most important characters in the story got a "reality check and logic" then suddenly liking males because the plot tells them to.

Not necessarily I hate the, but gb manga tends to pull it that way.

Yeah, I will never goto his Facebook page, I am following over 50 mangas and I can't be assed to visit a separate page for each update if each manga cause one groups being pissy. Also, I don't care who posts. Glad your finally posting here. The other group is too slow.

I'm glad there isnt any conflict between the two groups and I would still like to read stay at home's versions when they come out eventually. But I also do like having these fast releases that have gotten so much better.

Regarding the story, it seems like the author may handle the romance part in a delicate way with how this chapter ended. It's been handled fairly well throughout and I think it will show our main protagonist further discovering what they want but with love. I'm not sure if this will lead to an actual relationship but I do hope to see them discover what they want through exploring different avenues. Also I would want them to discover that what the other girl said doesnt have to be true for them either. Its pretty ridiculous when middle schoolers think they need a relationship already and I look forward to seeing where this story goes

Aggregator gang
will Akira be awakened to BL or will they take a trip down Yuri lane.

Aggregator gang
@Smileyguy Thanks for the TL, while the early ch. translation is 80% correct, at least from this ch. alone the TL is quite good. Also thanks to you I somewhat catch up with the raw. Glad you decide to back to here, cause I somewhat hate using FB and their reader ( or rather photo viewer ) sucks. It's been years since the last time I use FB. Only back to read your TL back then.

Btw which one do you use as source? the twitter one or the Official free raw one? Because sometimes the official one add / correct some dialogs.

And once again thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread