Until the End - Ch. 40 - Behind the Painful Truth

Dex-chan lover
Eh, it really went downhill. He is shown like a typical caricatural bad character without any good motivations for his acts.

Double-page supporter
Ah yes, the first thing you do when you're bored with life should clearly be to rape and blackmail girls

Fed-Kun's army
@AngryFerret Well, rapists don't need a reason to be rapists. But yeah, I also think his motivations are weak. I mean, he is a genius. He should have thought this through better. On the other hand, Einstein couldn't even bind his shoes and was a hoarder and messy. So 1:0 for any reason given is a good reason why he did it. I guess.

Dex-chan lover
@3RDp

I mean in general the last episode went to too much in over the top manga bad writing direction, but this one was especially bad. We want to establish that he is a bad guy? Ok, but why give him 0 reasons? It would be ok if during his reminiscents the author would establish that he was attracted to her or other little girls. I mean just something more than muhaha I am an evil guy that does evil because he is evil.

@angryferret I'm curious what you think would be a good reason or excuse for being a child rapist. Also, the author makes it clear that he's attracted to little girls. It sounds like you're looking for a reason to sympathise with the villain which is ridiculous, try a doujin rather.

You were bored so the first thing that came into you're mind was 'yh how about I rape some innocent teenage girls and ruin them and their lives.'What an asshole just die.

Double-page supporter
bruh if you're bored just go whale for gacha games man you don't gotta do kids like that

Dex-chan lover
@Saikodemon

Ummmm no? I just expect that antagonists would be better written, believable and not be ridiculous. Never said that I want him to have a good excuse but I would expect at least motivation why he do what he do. Well, something more than just ehhh nothing good on Netflix so I am bored maybe I will mess with my bff's little girl.

Dex-chan lover
Wow. The author just literally made him an evil villain with no deeper or interesting conflicts to his character. What horseshit.

I really don't see how the motivation "I get great sexual pleasure out of molesting young girls" would end up with any better of a story than "I'm a sociopath, am attracted to young girls, and am excited by the challenge."
He's a rapist, there's not really a way to write him that isn't "evil villain."

Users who are viewing this thread