Updates Page and Long Chapter Names

Context:
I typically read manga on my 1920 by 1080 monitor oriented in portrait view (i.e. the 1080 side is the bottom of the monitor) as it allows me to view the entire page on one screen.

Issue:
However, upon viewing the Updates page, I tend to find issues from time to time in seeing the timestamp of when each chapter was updated. Typically when at least one chapter on the page has a really long name. This requires me scroll sideways to see when the manga/webtoon/manhua etc was updated.
I can understand the desire to display the chapter name in one line, as it allows users to see several of the more recent updates, but I don't quite see the necessity of having the entire table expand just because of one chapter name update.

Suggestion:
For this I have a suggestion, impose a similar restriction on the chapter title much like you do to the group section of the updates limiting the length of the chapter title and if the title is too long, you shorten it down and trail it off with an ellipsis.

The update that inspired this suggestion.
CY2fO8J.png

cQ6Dpmd.png

And of course, although the issue may not be as likely with a landscape monitor, the issue will still remain for several special cases. For instance, the entry sampled above.
cYNECVn.png

Users who are viewing this thread