Ura Baito: Toubou Kinshi - Ch. 173 - Ship Crewmate ②

Dex-chan lover
Very curious about the shifts to the mountain. Is that the present time or a flashback? And if it's a flashback, who is climbing it? The cultists, or maybe the guy they singled out?

Also, at this point the bigger twist would be that this is the real Mari, and the seagulls were eating the thing from the sea. However, since she's apparently attached to Daidai, that implies she is indeed gray.

On that note, this cult is full of fools for not recognizing the greatness that is Daidai. They will probably suffer a horrible fate for not accepting her as their lord and savior.

Dex-chan lover
I love the way the mangaka has been using the red color this story! It's so restrained, so purposeful. I love how willing this author is to experiment and push the limits of his work, even if not every experiment works out fully.

The standouts in this story are the repeated visual motif of the red and white cross (which yes, DOES form the flag of England—however unintentional that may be). It's the horror in the ocean, it's the horror on the boat (the religious fanaticism), it's just a really neat encapsulation of the "danger" in the story in this single geometric symbol.

That geometric motif is repeated on the page with all the birds—the way the red serves both as a highlight and a bit of a censor bar? Covering up the details with broad, geometric shapes,, gosh. I love this manga so much.

Contributor
Great another arc where I have no clue what the fuck is going on :win: :nyoron:
It's a constant with Kuroiwa jobs, where a lot of the mystery goes unexplained until the end or not at all. I look forward to what's going on, given how common the water or ocean has consistently been dangerous. See Aquarium Staff, Beach House Staff, Fish Broker, and now this. If anything, I'm hoping that Beach House Staff will be tied to this somehow.

Dex-chan lover
So... because the guy was being considerate and comforting like a rational and kind human being, he's Jesus?

...well, by those standards, it really must be Daidai. Girl is so kind and literally treated a bunch of greys like they were just normal people without a second thought.

Group Leader
So... because the guy was being considerate and comforting like a rational and kind human being, he's Jesus?

...well, by those standards, it really must be Daidai. Girl is so kind and literally treated a bunch of greys like they were just normal people without a second thought.
But they were looking for something that infiltrated the ship from the cross and I doubt thats daidai

Unless they're setting up that the thing that infiltrated the ship isnt the son of God but something else.

Users who are viewing this thread