Ura Baito: Toubou Kinshi - Ch. 171 - Concert Staff ③

Dex-chan lover
While the woman did cheat, all four of the band members murdered her and covered it up. Presumably they got away with it because they're not in jail. I dont see how you can read these chapters and go "well its the womans fault for cheating" when she straight up got murdered by the band, i dont see in any world where cheating justifies murder
I literally said it doesn't justify murder. But there's a reason that crimes of passion are a thing and have reduced sentences.
I will never be surprised if someone cheats and then gets killed by their partner.
Obviously they should go to jail. But also, cheating on all four of them was really, really stupid.

Dex-chan lover
I liked this one. I don't know why there are people in the comments angry at the woman—she's dead, ain't she? She was screwed before the story even started. Honestly, it is a bit of a tragedy that the band got away with it, but that's how it goes... I like the message at the end. The reflection on what this means for the protagonists—the knowledge that their favorite band killed someone. The memory of a warm day on soft grass, tainted forever. The declaration that "whatever's going on is too complicated, I don't even care to know" has never felt so utterly resigned. Thematically, this ties into the start of this story with the death of Mr. Yagi. Innocence lost can never be regained.

Dex-chan lover
Whew. I truly love how much this feels like purely an exploration of the feeling of being a Grey Worker. Shes going to come out of this ok because she follows the rules. She can want as much as she can to just. Not know these things. The dark secret going on. She sees exactly as much as we see.

But now one of her few pleasant, peaceful memories is tainted forever. That's what she's selling off, even if she can come out alive. A little more of her peace of mind.

Also, I interpreted the woman as not having actually cheated at all, but the other bandmembers lying to goad on her boyfriends paranoia out of shitty band infighting. But we literally can't know, huh.

She's dead, and that's that.

Group Leader
N
Whew. I truly love how much this feels like purely an exploration of the feeling of being a Grey Worker. Shes going to come out of this ok because she follows the rules. She can want as much as she can to just. Not know these things. The dark secret going on. She sees exactly as much as we see.

But now one of her few pleasant, peaceful memories is tainted forever. That's what she's selling off, even if she can come out alive. A little more of her peace of mind.

Also, I interpreted the woman as not having actually cheated at all, but the other bandmembers lying to goad on her boyfriends paranoia out of shitty band infighting. But we literally can't know, huh.

She's dead, and that's that.
No she def cheated. That's why she ran to the other dude and he hugged her protectively and why the others went wtf? About her being with the dude

I literally said it doesn't justify murder. But there's a reason that crimes of passion are a thing and have reduced sentences.
I will never be surprised if someone cheats and then gets killed by their partner.
Obviously they should go to jail. But also, cheating on all four of them was really, really stupid
Sounds like you're laying the blame of the entire situation at the womans feet instead of the 4 people who murdered her. You said it doesnt justify murder and then immediately make a bunch of excuses about how she should have expected retaliation. Cheating is pretty fucked but 'retaliating' over it and murdering the person is, at least in my opinion, way more fucked up

Dex-chan lover
That does not excuse murder. And frankly, given how weirdly calm they all seemed to be standing over her dead body, with her blood on them, and the fact that if she was somehow smart enough to sleep with all of them without any of them finding out for apparently a while, that she suddenly became dumb enough to alert the others by running to them for her protection seems a bit odd.

And again, someone being a a cheater does not excuse murder that was clearly covered up.
I think the woman was always a Gray.

I love how people just jump into the whoring women's defense even when the story is unclear and she could be gray herself which is why she could put this kind of curse. Keep doing what you're doing

This one is kind of interesting. It's one of the rare times the gray is acting in a justified way, and we sympathize with it.

These guys did horrible things to that girl. She cursed them so their faces were as ugly as they were inside. And when they tried to break it, she made sure they would continue to pay.
Literally who is we

Dex-chan lover
I love how people just jump into the whoring women's defense even when the story is unclear and she could be gray herself which is why she could put this kind of curse. Keep doing what you're doing
Actually, grudge curses are rather easy to do. Japan alone has a few yokai born from that.

Dex-chan lover
Mangadex comments sections do be like that sometimes, best solution is to just ignore those IRL grays and move on

Dex-chan lover
This one is kind of interesting. It's one of the rare times the gray is acting in a justified way, and we sympathize with it.

These guys did horrible things to that girl. She cursed them so their faces were as ugly as they were inside. And when they tried to break it, she made sure they would continue to pay.
Wait what do you think they did. I think they murdered her after they found out she was cheating on all of them.

Which is definitely horrible but most people would use the singular not plural.

Dex-chan lover
Wait what do you think they did. I think they murdered her after they found out she was cheating on all of them.

Which is definitely horrible but most people would use the singular not plural.
Huh, I didn't even notice I did that. I probably changed my mind about what I wanted to say while typing and forgot to correct that.

Contributor
i'll be real, seems kinda even. she kinda fucked all of them (literally), they killed her, she killed them. is anyone happy in the end? no? neither side shouldve done something monumentally fucking dumb, then.

Users who are viewing this thread