Ura Baito: Toubou Kinshi - Ch. 163 - Flower Shop Staff ③

Dex-chan lover
I agree it seemed strange, but see this 👇
I get that they never actually met the manager and that the flower just put them in the dream. I just think that it's weird for Yagi to say to Yume and Hana, "By the way, even though none of us know what happened in this dream or had any reason to suspect we were in the dream, I should mention that the three of us might have been in it." It feels like he's only explaining it for the reader.

Dex-chan lover
I get that they never actually met the manager and that the flower just put them in the dream. I just think that it's weird for Yagi to say to Yume and Hana, "By the way, even though none of us know what happened in this dream or had any reason to suspect we were in the dream, I should mention that the three of us might have been in it." It feels like he's only explaining it for the reader.
Well, he was just explaining it to us, I suppose. But I think he got enough information about the flower from the seller that he kind of figured how it works. It's a generous assumption, but I always try to interpret things in stories in a way that doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the story.

Dex-chan lover
I think the flower just builds some sort of a virtual reality simulation that 'updates' itself to what it 'sees'. It saw gray workers get hired, and so just integrated that information into the simulation. It probably learned of their personalities and relations through observation and conversations. Yume's power doesn't work in the simulation/dream simply because the flower isn't omniscient - it has to 'witness' it. So either her nose was never set off (so the case was basically very safe for them), or it got triggered when they talk loudly about the power, so they didn't.

Dex-chan lover
i thought it would end with yagi or chacha fighting her off and wished the others got revived back, and would be interesting if it's the latter because the author could write that she became somewhat immune or stronger against gray stuff after being treated by Q. But well, this is equally horrifying.

also yume doing the baldie peek on page 11 lmao

Users who are viewing this thread