Ura Baito: Toubou Kinshi - Vol. 5 Ch. 59 - Amusement Park Staff ③

Dex-chan lover
So ... the very next situation they ran into gave them what they needed to get out of the situation they got into last time?

And they don't find anything suspicious about that?

Group Leader
Can anyone explain the white smell and the mascot from yumes past? Does she mean that one of the mascots was actually a relatively good guy and sent them back 10 days?

Dex-chan lover
So Yume specifically picked out the amusement park as the ticket to get them back to their original world, in part because she had bad memories of it possibly already knowing part of the mystery given she'd ran into the mascotsof the original world when she was young, and in part because she could smell the "good" supernatural forces.

And hey it paid off, she really has a nose for these things.

Dex-chan lover
Oh yeah no, the Yagi-san of that world is fucking dead.
He got dropped to the floor after delivering his last line on page 4, but we don't see him being subjected to whatever time manipulation they were using or see his black pants left behind. It is possible that he exploited the confusion of the yokai or whatever the park mascots were in order to make an escape attempt, but whether it succeeded or not is unknowable.

Dex-chan lover
He got dropped to the floor after delivering his last line on page 4, but we don't see him being subjected to whatever time manipulation they were using or see his black pants left behind. It is possible that he exploited the confusion of the yokai or whatever the park mascots were in order to make an escape attempt, but whether it succeeded or not is unknowable.
Also, it doesn't really matter anymore (at least from the story's perspective) because that's in an alternate world and now the MCs have returned to their own world. Unless they get isekai'd again, whatever happens in that other world doesn't matter.

Seriously though, they were damn lucky to find a gray job that was exactly what they needed to return back home. I suppose though it was due to Yume being able to smell "white" from the job which meant that it would be able to help them somehow. They took a gamble and it paid off.

Group Leader
I mean to be fair they've taken literal life gambits for every job they take lol
Also, it doesn't really matter anymore (at least from the story's perspective) because that's in an alternate world and now the MCs have returned to their own world. Unless they get isekai'd again, whatever happens in that other world doesn't matter.

Seriously though, they were damn lucky to find a gray job that was exactly what they needed to return back home. I suppose though it was due to Yume being able to smell "white" from the job which meant that it would be able to help them somehow. They took a gamble and it paid off

Dex-chan lover
Can anyone explain the white smell and the mascot from yumes past? Does she mean that one of the mascots was actually a relatively good guy and sent them back 10 days?

We don't know exactly what Yume smelled as "white" (when asked "Did you smelled white?). It could be referring to the whole amusement park job (hence she picked this particular one) or just that final part when they are juuuust about to be time-devoured - she gestured Hama chan to go along.

We are only hinted that the mascot in Yume's past is somewhat a good guy - having sympathy on an abandoned kid - but that doesn't necessarily mean that there's a good mascot present in that Tower of Mercy final room in the alternate present. What happened was the mascots started their diabolical routine, rewinding time backwards for our duo but instead of going through the whole time until returned to fetuses, it got cut out after hitting the 10 days mark. Which somewhat returned our duo to the correct space and also stopped the rewinding (so they don't keep getting younger after arriving at the home universe).

The platform 13 job ended on 20 August, the amusement job ended on 30 August, says the ledger. But since they have never worked in the Home universe amusement park, they didn't get paid - just their transport expenses as a good gesture from the Home A. Park.

Not yet established (or I missed something):
  • if the Home Amusement Park has the same sinister phenomenon as that alternate world.
  • if Yume's parents got spirited away in Home Amusement Park.

Edit: As to why they got sent home at the 10-Days mark instead of whisked away to oblivion (since I imagined it shouldn't affect other universe), I guess that's just how the author established the Time Rewind rule that way.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
  • if the Home Amusement Park has the same sinister phenomenon as that alternate world.
Given that the last page rests on a mascot ominously looking at our main characters alongside the fact that Yume remembers being able to see the mascot in her childhood expressing emotions with their mascot face it does seem to imply that the mascots of this universe are also supernatural in some form.

Though I didn't think about her parents disappearance like that yeah, while there's no overt evidence it could very easily be the case that her parents got got by the mascots if they are indeed the same in this world as they are in the alternate one.

Group Leader
We don't know exactly what Yume smelled as "white" (when asked "Did you smelled white?). It could be referring to the whole amusement park job (hence she picked this particular one) or just that final part when they are juuuust about to be time-devoured - she gestured Hama chan to go along.

We are only hinted that the mascot in Yume's past is somewhat a good guy - having sympathy on an abandoned kid - but that doesn't necessarily mean that there's a good mascot present in that Tower of Mercy final room in the alternate present. What happened was the mascots started their diabolical routine, rewinding time backwards for our duo but instead of going through the whole time until returned to fetuses, it got cut out after hitting the 10 days mark. Which somewhat returned our duo to the correct space and also stopped the rewinding (so they don't keep getting younger after arriving at the home universe).

The platform 13 job ended on 20 August, the amusement job ended on 30 August, says the ledger. But since they have never worked in the Home universe amusement park, they didn't get paid - just their transport expenses as a good gesture from the Home A. Park.

Edit: As to why they got sent home at the 10-Days mark instead of whisked away to oblivion (since I imagined it shouldn't affect other universe), I guess that's just how the author established the Time Rewind rule that way.
The only thijg I'm left confused about is that the ray rewinds time but then that should also reMove memories. That's why the kids in the park remain kids. They literally forgot about their lives as they moved backwards in time.

So how were they able to keep their memories of the past 10 days if they got rewinded and should have lost those memories ?

Dex-chan lover
The only thijg I'm left confused about is that the ray rewinds time but then that should also reMove memories. That's why the kids in the park remain kids. They literally forgot about their lives as they moved backwards in time.

So how were they able to keep their memories of the past 10 days if they got rewinded and should have lost those memories ?
Possibly because of the night parade thing. All the kids (adults) got their time sucked away due to the night parade each time, but for the MCs their time got sucked away by the tower and the mascots there instead. So perhaps the rules work differently due to that.

Dex-chan lover
That's why the kids in the park remain kids.
Nothing indicate that actually since the mascots say all their victims wanted to be kids again and you see several crying in a way that indicate they are somewhat aware of the situation

So perhaps the rules work differently due to that.
The mascots also did indicate the 'taste' would be different so yeah, probably a different process too.

It was very fun to see the monsters be the ones confused by the main characters for once.

Dex-chan lover
yeah that yagi is done for because the one from original world has a thick plot armor

Users who are viewing this thread