Ura Baito: Toubou Kinshi - Vol. 8 Ch. 95 - Special Cleaner ③

Dex-chan lover
Yeesh, okay. Don't really get what was up with this apartment complex (I do not find it simply actually). So the place is just haunted by death, right? Like it's just a place that if you live there you get overcome by suicidal thoughts and kill yourself I guess.

Cool use of color though, though then also I don't really get what the color is meant to signify beyond the first time we see it highlighting the death and fatal wounds. Looks like the closet itself is also like the specific space being haunted but aside from that. I guess this is just a fucked up and evil apartment complex. And everyone who lived here was already dead and the place is actually in massive disrepair???

Wait okay actually, was the goal of this job to get the complex to lift the illusion that these people are still alive so their corpses could be collected, and they were sending people in, knowing that if anyone made it through the night alive then the illusion would be lifted?

Dex-chan lover
I think the point of the gray job was to throw as many people at the cursed complex and see if any survived, so then these “special” people can handle the disposal. The cops would probably have died if they gone in.

Yeesh, okay. Don't really get what was up with this apartment complex (I do not find it simply actually). So the place is just haunted by death, right? Like it's just a place that if you live there you get overcome by suicidal thoughts and kill yourself I guess.

Cool use of color though, though then also I don't really get what the color is meant to signify beyond the first time we see it highlighting the death and fatal wounds. Looks like the closet itself is also like the specific space being haunted but aside from that. I guess this is just a fucked up and evil apartment complex. And everyone who lived here was already dead and the place is actually in massive disrepair???

Wait okay actually, was the goal of this job to get the complex to lift the illusion that these people are still alive so their corpses could be collected, and they were sending people in, knowing that if anyone made it through the night alive then the illusion would be lifted?

They talked about a 'King of Death' in the closet, so there might be something there. Probably one of the more incomprehensible chapters.

Dex-chan lover
They talked about a 'King of Death' in the closet, so there might be something there. Probably one of the more incomprehensible chapters.
The "King of Death" is Nashimoto, who might also be "Mr. Nakatari" originally. The KoD was the body in the closet. When the closet was opened and they got to see the body inside it, they recognized it as Nashimoto. Basically, Nashimoto/Nakatari's suicidal tendency is somehow infectious and everyone in his apartment complex committed suicide after getting infected. This continued on with everyone sent in to clean up. The whole building is a trap.

Can someone help me explain what kind of words Yume were talking about in the third part of the story that would elicit the stinky smell? I did not see any specific words that could become the forbidden words that would trigger any negative consequences to the gray workers.

Group Leader
Can someone help me explain what kind of words Yume were talking about in the third part of the story that would elicit the stinky smell? I did not see any specific words that could become the forbidden words that would trigger any negative consequences to the gray workers.
'i want to die'
i assume it's 死にたい in the raw
edit: actually i think it's mr. nakatari because the guy in the first chapter died shortly after that name was uttered.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So they had to survive and then had to clean up all of the dead bodies. That cliffhanger with chacha is definitely not gonna be good. Rereading it the bad word was calling the king of death Mr. Nakatari. I wonder how it was written because I could almost imagine it was something the cleaner was called in life that had to do with his job. The two probably let go because they never said it and listened to his story. And the red seemed specific to when cleaning the dead bodies was mentioned or shown, I think

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
It's implied to be "Mr. Nakatari", since Tokui killed himself after saying them.

Dex-chan lover
The use of colour really makes me think of The Red Room even if it is happening in reverse.

Dex-chan lover
The red color is jarring, it makes the whole arc feel way more dangerous and claustrophobic than the rest. I think there's something especially dangerous about jobs from Kuroiwa, whose name feels especially noteworthy since "kuro" means "black" and these are "gray part-time jobs".

Also, I just noticed that there's a theme of colors in major names. Shirahama, Kokuryo (which is another way to read the kanji for "black," though not sure if her name uses that kanji), Akagawa, now Kuroiwa... Hmm. Wonder if there's a significance to two characters with names that use the word black.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, what a strange arc. Apparently the apartment is haunted by something that causes the people living there to want to die if they say a specific name? And I have no idea what the red parts were trying to signify. Maybe the answer to that would be more obvious in the original Japanese, if there was some kind of code or wordplay.

Also I'm wondering if the next arc will deal with Chacha or at least in one of the next couple arcs.

Dex-chan lover
ez money. I guess they cant demolish the building yet as there are bodies and everyone before them died from the curse/despair/lolrandomfuckyou entity thats inside the closet/building.

Users who are viewing this thread