Urasekai Picnic - Vol. 11 Ch. 62 - The Whispered Voice Requires Self-Responsibility IX

It's an artifact of adaptation. In the manga, from the reader's perspective, Sorawo kept her sightings of Satsuki a secret for over two years (chapter 36 - 62). In the light novel, the same development (from volume 2 to 3) took 1 year and 1 month for the Japanese version, and three months for the English version.
And in universe it was only a few months.

Dex-chan lover
That scene where Sorawo tackles Toriko was just so satisfying and then to be accompanied by absolutely brutal horror this series is consistently chef's kiss.
I have more questions about 'Satsuki' now thanks to Kozakura is it something wearing her skin or imitating her like Sorawo thinks? Or is it actually her and Kozakura just had a twisted vision of her?

Dex-chan lover
I have more questions about 'Satsuki' now thanks to Kozakura is it something wearing her skin or imitating her like Sorawo thinks? Or is it actually her and Kozakura just had a twisted vision of her?
Me think it has to do with Toriko being blinded by her foundness for Satsuki, whilst Kozakura is just neutral.
It went the same with Runa going forward without a care in the world, whilst her mum knew something was off.
So they're basically both idiots, whilst Kozakura & the mum are still levelheaded.

Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
How do you read it?

It's hopeless/I'm finished/Me too though/After all

Thanks for the translation!

Aggregator gang
I think it's reductive to say Sorawo's motivation to not talk about Satsuki is purely out of jealousy. Yes, that's part of it, but she's also distinctly worried Toriko will act irrationally or do something incredibly dangerous if she hears about this--she does have rational reasons to think it might be a bad idea to tell Toriko. In fact, Toriko DID react in a really dangerous way to discovering "Satsuki" was in the same room as her.
Also acknowledging their existence seems to give otherside entities more power to affect the mundane world. Belief seems to be a key part of how they exert influence so despite the seeming irrationality of denying something right in front of you it serves a practical, desperate purpose.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter, along with a bit of next chapter probably, might just be one of my favorite scenes from the novel. Something about Runa screaming "Mom!!" gives me goosebumps, and the rest is brilliant too. The atmosphere of those plains was also perfect
I had been waiting so so long for this part of the story to finally get adapted/illustrated. The imagery given in the novels just sounds so sinister and brutal and I'm glad the manga did it justice.

Those old kings/ring wraith when you have the one ring on looking dudes were spot on fucking horrifying too lol I forgot about them until they popped up in the chapter.

All these non-ln-readers thinking it's brutal now (it is lol), but wait till they see what happens to Runa, or rather when they finally show her/what Sorawo saw in that last panel haha

Dex-chan lover
Finally been waiting for this moment in the manga to be adapted from the novel the goosebumps and the way how sarawo is so desperate to stop toriko. one of my face scenes in the novel series. I kinda look forward how the manga will portray satsuki wrecking the shit out of runa's mouth.

Double-page supporter
It's honestly probably related. The monsters take the appearance of scary things and Satsuki is what the MC fears the most.

Satsuki as Sorawa’s biggest fear + Toriko’s belief that she exists in the otherside + Runa’s belief that she’s some kind of allpowerful being… “Satsuki” is a brand new urban legend they all created themselves, huh…

Fed-Kun's army
My god, it's finally hereee!!! Next chapter is gonna be wholesome!!!
I wonder if they will draw how mess up Runa's face is going to be after almost getting tear apart by satsuki. I can't wait to see it!
I think I'm sick. :dogkek: :dogkek: :dogkek:

Fed-Kun's army
Also acknowledging their existence seems to give otherside entities more power to affect the mundane world. Belief seems to be a key part of how they exert influence so despite the seeming irrationality of denying something right in front of you it serves a practical, desperate purpose.
I have to agree with this honestly. This comment kinda reminds me of an anime named "mieruko". It's about the protagonist having the ability to see spirit (in which all of them look like a monster instead of like a ghost), and she chose to ignore their presences as best as she could because acknowledging them will only means trouble for her. I guess this could justify Sorawo's action a little lol

Dex-chan lover
Runa arguably deserved all this but the moment she screamed for her mom was still plenty haunting

Damn

Users who are viewing this thread