Ponkotsu Ponko - Vol. 10 Ch. 79 - Ponko's Memory

Dex-chan lover
Bye bye Ponko :cry:

For a little more of Ponko's shennanigans, this time subaquatic: https://www.deep-heda.com/

I found it while looking at Toda in google maps.

What a great end, what a vision of future the author has. The demise of humanity on earth.
That being said, my favorite chapter was the one where the old man passed out and Ponko use some makeshift carriage to take him to the doctor. Laughing till my stomach hurt.
I hope the author next work also a great one.
If you want a bittersweet tale from a calm yet apocalyptic future, try Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, if you haven't read it yet. I really love that manga, it even has an anime (it's just a couple of... OVAs? episodes? whatever is the word) that's quite good, too.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for translating until the end.
Even if it's axed, at least the author left it on a positive ending.
Ponko never dies.

Dex-chan lover
🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲😭🥲😭😭😭😭🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲i have no words thank you for bringing ponko to me ♥️♥️

Dex-chan lover
So this is the end. I wish this would continue forever but I'm happy that it happened. Ponko is still ponko in the end.

Dex-chan lover
If this is Yuuna's descendent and this girl has no clue of who that is, (also seeing the fact that the town has been flooded and abandoned) AND also counting that it looks like Yuuna stayed in the town through her entire life, this looks like at least 100+ years.

I'm actually surprised that Yuuna's thick eyebrows and wavy hair traits managed to stay around after all these generations ha ha.

sgn

Group Leader
I'm echoing another poster here, but sheesh, this author likes himself a timeskip.

It's not the sort of ending I expected, but I guess it's really more of an epilogue. 77-78 form a solid enough conclusion.

Group Leader
Oh fuck seeing Yuna as a granny really hit me in the feels... but the last couple pages were a trip, lmao.
Not the best ending I could have hoped for, but certainly not the worst, either. A solid, albeit lighthearted, read.

Dex-chan lover
if the author didn't include the timeskip i wouldn't have bawled this hard

Dex-chan lover
What a great end, what a vision of future the author has. The demise of humanity on earth.
That being said, my favorite chapter was the one where the old man passed out and Ponko use some makeshift carriage to take him to the doctor. Laughing till my stomach hurt.
I hope the author next work also a great one.
It's not the demise of humanity, the girl who found Ponko's human and clearly a descendant of Yuuna. It's just that town died, because sea level rose and submerged most of it.

Thank Yuu for the memories. The translation team were a mighty force! Thank you for giving so many the chance to experience this manga. This manga was good; it was full of heartache, happiness and nostalgia for times that have yet to pass. I don't know how I imagined the ending but this was a good and satisfactory way.

Users who are viewing this thread