Useless Ponko - Vol. 5 Ch. 38 - Adventure Ponko

Dex-chan lover
anJMMp6.png

emote for you. <3

really cute chapter! i wonder if that SNES was Grandpa's or his Kids'...

Group Leader
@runrin
Well this won't be accurate at all probably, but the time span between the first dragon quest and the latest one (11) was about 31 years, if we say it takes about an average of around 3 years per game, to get from 1 to 33 would take 99 years...
Yeah you know what, maybe this isn't an accurate way to tell how far in the future this is because if Grandpa was the one who owned the console, he'd be either really behind the times or he'd be super old right now.
Though I guess living in the boonies in Japan, they might not have had access to the latest games and consoles.

Dex-chan lover
@runrin

I have no idea what year this manga is supposed to take place in, if it isn't some kind of alternate universe sort of thing. The old man grew up during wartime I think, but not WWII as one of the earlier chapters featured an unmanned fighter plane during his younger days.

Dex-chan lover
DQ1 came out on nes/famicom, not snes/super famicom, which is what their console roughly resembles, so its hard to make comparisons.

if it is in a very similar world to our own, but the timelines diverged about 30 years prior to the events of the comic, that would mean the snes and DQ game might be 60-ish years old, since we have yet to have the war they talk about happening "30 years ago". my best guess is that they are somewhere around 2050, so it could possibly be grandpa's childhood console.

Ahh the grind! I remember the first time i played FF9 and grinded myself to level 30 in the first forest. I was so over powered in the first few chapters of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread