Useless Ponko

I'm enjoying this manga quite a lot. It reminds me more of Ms. Mayple's Afternoon Tea Time than it does of Ashinano Hitoshi's masterpiece. Japanese authors have definitely given us some really great and thought-provoking stories about artificial intelligence.

Contributor
Preserving for future generations:

36329.gif

That horror of a picture Ponko drew 'from the heart' +
Poko as Terminator +
"Any creature that could pose a threat to humans is required to be annihilated" +
A 30 year old robot with wiped memories +
A war fought a generation ago =

Some serious damn foreshadowing...

Fed-Kun's army
Manga set up to have sadness at the end. Anyway this is just a microcosm of Nip culture today with the advent of new technology and an aging population.

wigjump - Your post sounds like it's directly out of the manga I mentioned earlier (Comadrin's post 1 month ago) about Ms. Mayple's Afternoon Tea Time. It also has resonances in The Outer Zone, not to mention the writings of H. Beam Piper, a science fiction author from fifty years ago. All are about human hubris regarding AI, many of which show the artificial (robot) intelligence gaining a greater empathy than the humans supposedly controlling them.

Fed-Kun's army
@KobeisGOAT Now that I'm thinking about it, do you think that's why there's been a rise in popularity with manga where a father is looking after an adopted daughter or boy? Due to declining birthrates as no one is having children or getting married due to work culture and various other reasons and thus the ~20-40 year old adult demographic is turning towards this sort of fantasy to live vicariously through just like romance novella?

I've been reading way too much Twitter-manga lately. This is refreshing. I love the art and there's a bit of a retro vibe to it.

It would be hilarious if someone clicking on this manga for the first time misread "rapping ponko"

Users who are viewing this thread