Ushijima-kun the Loan Shark - Vol. 7 Ch. 68 - Freeter-kun 3

Dex-chan lover
I'm never gonna gamble. Nope.

I also think it's better to die penniless rather than die in debt.

remind me of my brother. he borrow 1000$ at first but since its easier to borrow from a fintech eventually the money he borrowed got bigger and bigger to 5 times of his first borrowed money for his children necessity. his wife almost divorced him and we almost lose a house for his secret debt.

Contributor
@Netto19
Yes, literally, good thing I never put any $$$ into FGO, aside from buying an acc with waifu. These chapters, I have unpleasant flashbacks back when I was a high-school kid and lost some money to scammers who promised usurious returns via forex, and times like when I gambled a little, and tried to earn on BTC right before the crash. Thankfully I was able to get out with somewhat little losses out of crypto.

But I'm grateful to these lessons, as it all lead to me learning finances in order to never loose money like this again. Looking back, it's been a damn long road. But I'm happy I've never been crazy enough as to put all I own and even above that into a mere chance. People like those presented in this manga, there's no way back for them. And instead of blaming them, I'd blame the education system not giving us even the basics of financial education. Though, we need 95% of society to be workers, not investors. So that they would create something for us to invest in. Capitalism as is.

Anyway, as an aside, I'd recommend anyone to spend a few hours of their life to read or listen to The Richest Man in Babylon. As they say, "for a timeless advice."

Users who are viewing this thread