Usogui - Vol. 18 Ch. 197 - The Best Taste

So this Makuro Souji guy was Referee No. 0 when Kyara-kun joined, then at some point lost this position to Kyara and then somehow became Referee No. 0 again after Kyara left.
So I guess ranking battles were not death-matches at that time.

Thanks for the chapter Team Duwang. Were the notes with references to old chapters originally there or did you guys add them on your own?

@Rooster
No, Makuro never returned to zero after he got beaten by Kyara, otherwise Mitora would've been number 0, not number 8.

Double-page supporter
@tack215

Ah, good point. I had thought that 'former number 0' meant he was number 0 until he died, but your conclusion makes more sense. So Makuro was #8 before he lost/died to Mitowa.
Makes me anticipate who #0 is. To be honest, neither Makuro nor Mitowa seemed like very interesting referees so far.

@Rooster

We (our TLer) added the notes. It's been six years since the scans of those chapters (~c60), so it's fair to say that most readers forgot about these details by now :p.

Dex-chan lover
Gambling manga with some of the best shounen battles in my manga reading history.

@tack215 Thanks, your explanation makes way more sense. I was confused, because it was never mentioned in the manga that Souji was #8.

@catx3 I knew it, thanks, you guys are thr best!. I actually remembered the situation with Kyara, but wasn't sure in which chapter it happened, so it was a great help.

Double-page supporter
My rage is eternal that the closest thing we get to an anime is

PACHINKO MACHINES AAAAA

@the9813 and crappy ova 😃
if there will be anime series, then I think Tetsuro Araki is the best guy to be as a director, he made ulta-popular anime shows such as Attack on Titan and Death Note. It should be him or Yuuzou Satou, this guy directed Akagi, Kaiji, One Outs, all of them are gambling anime series.

Dex-chan lover
Really have to wonder how weak Kakerou was before
Tatsuki took charge if Makurou was number zero, considering he got instantly rekt when Kyara came, by Tatsuki himself when Kyara left and Tatsuki became a referee then again by Nowa's grandfailson when he got dumped to no.8

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread