Usogui - Vol. 21 Ch. 229 - Double-edged Sword

Dex-chan lover
Very exciting! I wonder what exactly Suteguma's train of thought was to arrive at his current conclusion, I hope that will be revealed in the future. Also, it seems like we got a hint as to what Suteguma's power/ability might be. Something related to hearing? Maybe his sense of hearing is more developed and he can hear differences in the pitch of your voice, or your heart rate? It could also just be a metaphor that has nothing to do with his ability, we shall see! Can't wait.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter! This arc has been getting so intense!! I love that we are getting access to Baku's thoughts during the game this time and are able to clearly see his more vulnerable side. Baku showed glimpses of genuine weakness and surprise in the past arcs, but most of the weakness he showed was an act to tease his opponents.
Now the big question is whether or not Baku's act of giving up/saying his number was a bluff or not. It seems to me that his guess was a legitimate guess and not an attempt to trick the opponent, but one of the tactics Baku likes to pull is pretending to give up to get the opponent off guard.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, this is the first time we see Baku thoughts and they basically are "oh fuck, cant read him" and "if this doesnt work im fucked". That said, I think its clear we lack context on those thoughts, there are clearly way more layers of planning than the ones shown to us. But im enjoying this arc a lot. Suteguma is a good rival for him precisely because they dont connect/fit at all so they are bad at reading each other.

Can someone please explain to me how his number can not be 2, I am kinda lost on this and feel kinda dumb, cause wouldnt this also mean Suteguma's number can not be 1?

Group Leader
@ItsWeasel Suteguma guessing 10 in round one meant that he couldn't have had 10 beads, since that would make it an illegal guess. If Baku had 2, he would have no reason to guess 12 in round two, because he knows Suteguma doesn't have 10 and therefore 12 can't be right. So Baku guessing 12 means he doesn't have 2. Maybe I'm also dumb but this took me a while to figure out.

Users who are viewing this thread