Usogui - Vol. 21 Ch. 230 - Gamblers

Dex-chan lover
God I hope this one breaks in, because Suteguma is VERY capable of just telling Usogui "nah I dont believe you" and leaving.

Double-page supporter
I wonder how Baku managed to conquer the top? It seems like Macro was able to stop Leo and Hyougo from fighting... either he somehow got them on their side, or have them in a situation where if they go help Suteguma/attack Macro they'll lose the game?

Judging from Macro's reaction, the only thing I can really think of is that he's got a bomb or something... perhaps attached to the terminal? But I feel like it should be something that stops them more definitively, rather than a threat. No idea what else it could be..

edit:

Hmm, thinking again, Leo's reaction and Baku's statements are fairly extreme... maybe it's something more drastic, like a bomb that destroys the whole tower? It was mentioned that the Tower was going to be taken down before. Perhaps Leo and Hyougo are tied up in defusing that bomb, or are being held by a threat of the bomb exploding?

Another idea I thought of was maybe unleashing some sort of poisonous gas? So that no one (except Macro/Baku, who may have prepared gas masks) can go up/down the tower? The thing that bothers me about the bomb idea is that Hyougo should still be able to go to Suteguma if he really wants to, unless the way is completely blocked for him, so a gas-related mechanism fits better.

Third idea would be somehow making the two betray Suteguma, but we don't really know about their relationship to guess how that might've happened. And it seems too anticlimatic to be likely, and doesn't fit with Baku/Macro's conversation of their 'secret weapon'.

Dex-chan lover
@catx3 I'm leaning more towards the gas idea. We haven't seen Marco's face once ever since Baku and Suteguma started playing Dotty, and in this chapter as soon as Hyougo saw Marco's face as he turned around he was very surprised, so this leads me to think that Marco is wearing a gas mask and threatened Leo with detonating a gas cloud with a remote or something, which is why Leo tried to stop Hyougo from attacking Marco as soon as he saw him and why Marco is standing that close to Leo without being aggressive. He could also threaten them saying that he'd detonate it if they leave to the first floor, which would fit with Baku saying that he has no allies in this tower. I think the betrayal idea is unlikely, since there'd be no need to hide Marco's face this deliberately and Hyougo wouldn't have reacted to it in the way he did. Also I doubt Marco would be able to corner them psychologically on his own this well, even with instructions from Baku...

Sleeping gas seems very likely. I think rather then reacting to Marco's face, Leo reacted that way because he realized he just inhaled the gas. That's why he tried to stop Hyougo from getting closer and inhaling as well, but he didn't make it in time and Hyougo inhaled it as well. Next chapter, we will probably see both of them go down at the same time. That's why Usogui said that Suteguma doesn't have allies anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread