Usogui - Vol. 25 Ch. 270 - Fugitive

Dex-chan lover
The hell's going on? Does Leader have a second personality? If that's the case, the author would really be going overboard with those. Also, I wonder what Karl is going to do, and who exactly that policeman is.

Double-page supporter
I think that because GUHA lost his N0 position he got defaulted as Leader, so now he is now no longer has the same power as before and needs to be apprehended.

Double-page supporter
@299792458 @Sinful_egg

Yeah, it seems likely. In an earlier chapter, someone caught the fact that Leader called the judge 'Touya' when he usually says 'Judge' instead, it seems to heavily imply an alternate personality.

There was also this line before, which seems to be related: "Every time when "that" arises, I... am knocked out by how shallow the self is." Not really sure what to make of all this. Also the timing seems weird, did Baku's victory somehow trigger this or something? Or was it his father's death?

Dex-chan lover
@catx3 Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is. I don't know about the trigger though, unless the author is messing with the timeline a bit, it seems like it happened right around when the fight was starting, which would make sense considering that the fight only lasted 10 seconds and Touya was talking to Nowa while running alone in the hallway, so. The trigger must either be Baku winning or something random or unrelated.

The things that make me confident that it's another personality is exactly what you mentioned, that he called him Touya-san, which hasn't happened before, and how Touya reacted to it. Then there's also the part where Touya says he got fooled by him, because Souichi called Nanpou "Referee Nanpou", which implies that it's the usual Leader, but in fact it was just the other personality being quick witted and gambling on the person next to him being a referee to get away. Which is interesting, because it means this personality doesn't share the same memories as Leader (which isn't that uncommon for DID, I think?). Additionally, Leader also mentioned the MPD, which would also hint at him being his usual self, but there's a little sign that was shown which implies he probably just read that and pieced together where he was. I wonder what kind of traumatic event caused it, though. If I'm right, that is. Guess we'll see. How many more chapters for this batch?

Also, I'm assuming the person talking through the phone is the Leader of Ideal, since it would fit with him being the one who "sent his piece faster than anyone else" (Caracal), and only Ideal and Kurama-gumi infiltrated the tower, so since I don't think Kurama is behind this it makes sense for him to be the one doing it; he's also one of the only characters that have been teased but not yet revealed.

Fed-Kun's army
Split personality was my guess too.

I wonder if it has any relations to his position in government in that intelligence and research division or whatever.

If I remember correctly, Leader lost that little gamble against Baku during the hanged man game, right? So if losing is a trigger for him, was there any shift back then? Skimming through it does kinda seem so, but I might just be noticing nothing.

Also, I'm still trying to figure out his whole "revolution" thing, or if there's anything more to it than Kakerou gaining more ground.

Contributor
@299792458 Now that I think about it, when Souichi was first revealed in the Hangman arc, he said that he does not remember Usogui. If split personality is the case with Leader, then perhaps Usogui's Challenge the Leader face-off was with the other personality of Souichi, not the Leader we know of.

Fed-Kun's army
Stay strong Karl, if Ideal gets the password, all of Baku's efforts will have been in vain!

Also, I was not expecting the possibility for Souichi to have another personality!
next chapter prediction: Souichi transforms into a bee

@Ominous
Souichi did not remember Baku because the challenging the leader game they played was so boring. Souichi said after challenging the leader that he will probably forget about Baku because he was so bored by him (also why he did not take Baku's life).

@saxifraga
The revolution deals with the creation of the ACIA. https://mangadex.org/chapter/517092/14
Kakerou gaining more power probably also has to do with it, because more power for Kakerou means more power for the ACIA

Double-page supporter
Sako really loves multiple personalities eh?

This would help explain why Leader has a problem remembering things, if both personalities don't share memories. I thought it was just his personality but it seems to have foreshadowed how this works.

Dex-chan lover
Damn faceless goons. Makes me thinks the policeman is a big somebody under Ideal's leader but he probably isn't.

Also still waiting for that corpse 😂

I'm seeing some interesting comments, but I'm pretty surprised at how the consensus seems to be DID. When I read the chapter it didn't come to my mind at all. Next chapter has the answers so this won't be a much of a cliffhanger, fyi.

Dex-chan lover
@tack215 That makes it sound like it's not DID, haha. But idk, if it were something else I don't see why Leader would call people different names, not remember certain things that he should know, and try to escape. But I guess we'll see.

Dex-chan lover
So the implication is that Tatsuki is the only one who can revert Souichi (and perhaps "Eba", but I'm starting to think that's the name of this personality), which would be why Nowa is freaking out over resuscitating Tatsuki. Both of the split personalities we just saw were fighters, so I'm interested to see if this personality is also a gambling genius.

Dex-chan lover
@Veshv I was thinking that Eba might be the name of the personality, but what you said makes a lot of sense. It'd be weird for Tatsuki to become the Leader as soon as he lost the ranking battle, so it makes sense to assume that when Nowa said "the leader of Kakerou" he actually means Souichi indirectly, as in, if Tatsuki dies, Leader won't revert back to being Leader. Also, since Leader is already a gambling genius, I'd assume it'd make more sense if this personality is also a fighter? I think he'll be a gambling genius too, but we haven't really seen Leader fight either so I'd kinda like to see that.

Contributor
@Ghetsis You're right on why the Leader chose not to execute Baku. I was relying mainly on memory. Thanks for clearing that up.

I'm still hoping they get back to what happened to Kyara and Nameribone's bodyguard from beyond the grave.

Double-page supporter
wtf is going on

re: split personalities below it's gonna be a riot, but kind of dumb, if ideal's leader turns out to be kakerou's leader

Users who are viewing this thread