Usogui - Vol. 26 Ch. 284 - Outside Expectation

hes really good at talking for someone with their tongue in the wrong place

Fed-Kun's army
Kakerou's probably the last thing Souichi wants to see at the moment. I'm wondering if this'll effect his objective. But knowing him he'll probably pull through without notice no problem.

Double-page supporter
There'll be a 19page omake chapter coming up, but otherwise this is the end of the batch!

---

@belkrax

Kaji's in quite a weird position. I wonder what Kaji will prioritize: trying to escape safely, or trying to set up a risky gamble so that he can make some money off of the Captain and his illegal dealings?

Dex-chan lover
19 page omake - holy shit.

Saw the swirly hair and got excited for some reason, but it's better that it's someone new.

And finally, it's amusing that the captain decided to go with Kakerou. Thought maybe crazy man would think of something else.

Dex-chan lover
Kaji has really come a long way. To be able to so accurately and deeply read the situation, then take initiative in a way that will help guarantee his safety by making it so that if Gakuto wins, the hostages will be released (probably) is very ingenious of him. I love his character development.

@299792458

I agree completely. In my opinion, Kaji's character development is one of the best, if not the best in all manga I've read.

Considering how the manga doesn't focus on him very often and how fast he went from scared amateur to "who is this guy" you would expect that there would be some insane jumps in his development, but somehow there are not. The way the author writes him is incredible, since even now we still see hints from old Kaji sometimes.

In this chapter, I as reader had no idea if the necktie will scare him shitless or he will remain calm. But if you think about it, his current reaction makes perfect sense.

Dex-chan lover
@Rooster Yep, and it totally makes sense too. If you're the type of person that is interested in those kinds of scenarios, and you constantly experience them while seeing an absolute genius deal with them, you will inevitably pick things up; you'll learn how to stay calm since you've been in life threatening scenarios so often, you'll learn what things to consider/keep in mind, you'll start to notice behavioral patterns. I also don't know of any other manga that does this so well, except maybe Kaiji.

Contributor
Go read "Vol. 25 Ch. 273.5 - Volume 25 Side Story" when you get a chance, just in case you haven't.

Dex-chan lover
Kaji is even giving Leader the cold sweat... He has grown so much.

Users who are viewing this thread