Usogui - Vol. 30 Ch. 319 - Clams In The Fire

Dex-chan lover
Isn't everything in this world gamble-able?

For the first time Usogui was lectured by his opponent

Dex-chan lover
There's a typo on the Mangadex title of the chapter, says Claims instead of Clams, the first page has the correct title.

How long will this batch be?

Fed-Kun's army
Can someone explain to me what happened in the first few panels lol? Ill reread a few more times but it looks like someone tried to thwart usoguis men and strongarm him but they failed?

@Clooud
No they succeeded, but Hachina showing up means they can't do it anymore without alerting the establishment staff, who will probably remove them with their own men if they disturb its reputation.

Dex-chan lover
What did the waitress notice!?

@Arcadia so that restaurant has a force strong enough to push out the police? i was thinking about more from the angle of avoiding a public scandal if things got out hand, but then remembered that this police group specializes on burying things and fabricating facts...

Dex-chan lover
@KeepTheFeather

The game they're playing right now is guessing how many of the clams will have the meat sticking to the top of the shell. So they each put a number down on paper and gave it to Kyara. Kyara confirmed they didn't each guess the same number, so one of them will definitely be closer to the real answer than the other.

@Doomroar

The restaurant is too big to be shut down like that, because it's a high end establishment. They needed to either secretly strongarm Baku to comply, or gamble with him. Hal prevented the former by bringing the waitress and leaving the door open.

Though I'm wondering what the thing Sakai and Baku negotiated was. Is Sakai not a Kakerou member? The fact that his referee isn't here is odd, since Kyara specifically waited on Baku for this match.

Double-page supporter
@299792458
Fixed, thanks!
We'll probably go to 324 at least.

@belkrax
I hope so too. I'm still waiting on his name as well, the author loves to leave us hanging on things like that.

@Doomroar
It kind of looked like she recognized Hal/Hachina? Maybe this is a place that Kakerou is associated with or appears at often. Also, the waitress that appears in the first page has a dot similar to Hachina's, but it also looks like a sweatdrop, so maybe it's just a coincidence.

@Veshv
I believe that, even when the opponent isn't a member, the exclusive referee will try to come to the gambles if possible. When the referee doesn't come, I think it's mostly a case of scheduling due to a sudden request for a gamble. But in cases where they inform Kakerou beforehand, the exclusive referee will most likely come.

I think that's why Kushinada came to that one Kaji gamble, they called for a referee ASAP, and Nowa & Yakou were busy. Kushinada himself kind of implies that that's what happened too.

This time around, Sakai called Baku to meet at the restaurant to gamble ahead of time. So there was enough time for Kyara to come. Kyara also met with Baku at his house oddly enough, so perhaps Baku called and asked Kyara to come specifically.

e: I believe that also happened in Yakou's tower gamble, Baku gave Yakou like a 1-2 hour notice since he called during the show itself. And Kakerou didn't know it would be a match between members at the time since his opponent was suppose to be the politician.

Completely random thought, but that made me realize that he didn't call Yakou for the TV exposing gamble since he didn't want to tire him out before the #0 battle.

Dex-chan lover
@goodknife One of Kyara's side comments was that there would be no ties, so whatever the guesses are I guess the difference is an odd number.

Taka's time in the PFD must have put some stress on her face.

Fed-Kun's army
Here's my theory:
_There's a trick to know for sure if the clam's meat will stick to the top or the bottom. Something like their color, their placement, something done to them beforehand, or whatever.
_Sakasa's President tested Usogui with the first clam. He wanted to know if he was the only one to know the trick or not.
_If Usogui didn't know the trick already, he used that time to deduce it. Thus, he lost purposefully.
_Now, since the rules don't state that you can't mess with the clams before they open, I guess Usogui will just nonchalently turn around some clams so that the answer becomes either 0 or 10.
_It will not be considered as cheating since Sakasa's President said "you can't find any hints from the outside, it totally depends on luck!". Unless he's a big liar, what Usogui did couldn't be used for cheating.

Dex-chan lover
the wager seems vague.. i guess usogui will lose but then he'll say the bet is something silly and try to propose another game

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for explaining people! The people who read and translate this are awesome hahaha. Usogui lovers fo life

Dex-chan lover
@goodknife
The wager being vague is probably for tension on the reader's part. We still have no idea what Baku's gambling on, because if it were just the shares of the company, Baku wouldn't be gambling to gain anything.

@catx3
That seems to be right given what we've seen. Also, unrelated to current chapter, I was wondering: Is it even possible to gamble on referee rights anymore? As of the Labyrinth arc, gambling with matters related to Kakerou is forbidden, does that mean you can't gamble referees? If that were the case, I suppose Baku believed in Yakou's ability to beat No. 0 right from before the battle.

Users who are viewing this thread