Usogui - Vol. 31 Ch. 332 - Encirclement Of The 4 Gods

Fed-Kun's army
I think I can figure out the general strategy

For example, let say in round 1, the banker point up and a player turn left. This round is a game of chance.

But then in round 2, the player can just copy the banker and turn upward (since the banker cannot point up again). The player can just use this strategy for the rest of the rounds.

However, the banker can counter this. Using the above example, the banker can also copy the player and point to the left in round 2. Then the banker and the player will both have "right" and "down" left to be use. This become a game of chance again.

Additionally, for the banker, it's best to copy the players with the most bios. Similarly, for the player, it's best to bet lower to avoid being the banker's target.

So, actually there's still quite a lot of luck involved in this strategy. I think most slaves will probably figure out this strategy and use it. I'm curious to see how Baku can come up with a better one.

Dex-chan lover
Lol why is it only the three of them? First wave? Sure is convenient that the three leader-types would go first, after all.

It's strange that 2 people from Usogui's side entered, while only 1 person from Vincent's side. I guess that means there will be 2 people from Vincent's side in the next wave?

@xkcdhawk It's possible that was due to Hal's request.

@Rooster that's because Hal was with them when they left. The others just haven't arrived yet. It makes sense that Baku Vincent and Hal are the first players to arrive.

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm wonder when the prank that Amen played on Ikon will come into play.

Double-page supporter
@Rooster
As dbpop said, it's probably just because the 3 of them left ASAP, and Kakerou needs time to find the allies. Perhaps the allies will trickle in unevenly, depending on their current situation.

Although Lalo didn't say much on the issue, Baku technically has less allies than him since Hachina is playing for himself. So it seems to be a 4v3v1, with maybe Hachina getting some help from referees?

@Lithe
Also very convenient that there happens to be 3 kingdoms as well, and that each leader was sent to (or went to?) a different one.

@RapidLord
Your analysis sounds solid. I haven't analyzed the game completely yet, but from what I can tell so far, I think in terms of pure odds, the player has a slight advantage. But that thing shouldn't really matter unless they play a ton of games.

The key point which you mentioned, is that you only need to "win twice" to win all three rounds, and sometimes "winning once -> passing" is enough to win all three rounds as well, depending on how things play out.

In terms of the grand strategy of the game, I was thinking that maybe a strategy involving multiple players (3+) teaming up might be interesting. With 3 players coordinating their plays, it should be possible to guarantee one win, if they all simply pick different directions. But they'd also have to win enough for all 3 of them, and I haven't calculated the odds well enough yet to know if it's something that'll actually work.

---
With how the referees were discussing the island, it seems like this is indeed not a place affiliated with Kakerou. And it seems they likely have their own force/violence managing the island, so we may see some conflict between the "Developers" and Kakerou depending on if the Kakerou decide to force their way in. So we have something like the 4v3v1 vs "Developers" vs "Kakerou" added to the mix as well. It was mentioned that there are a few players still taking the game seriously, so perhaps there'll be an existing player faction that'll be jumping in the action as well.

Random speculation, but I wonder if Midara knows the island not because he is a gamer (lol), but because his father was sent here as a slave or something, seeing as there was that bit where his father was bowing down to some men, probably due to debt.

Dex-chan lover
@catx3 yeah definitely why MIdara chose this place. I just forgot that they set-off immediately and without the allies. Guess it's in batches of whenever the allies can be reached otherwise Hachina shouldn't have been sent with them.

@catx @dbpop Doesn't that technically put Usogui at an advantage?

Sure, Hal is not gonna play in Usogui's favour here, but Usogui chose him as his ally on his own accord, while knowing this. Yes, it is a technicality, but if I was Midara, I really wouldn't put Hal in there with Usogui and Vincent. If Hal ends up being an asset to Baku, despite not willing it, this could make the difference between winning and losing.

Fed-Kun's army
@catx
Your grand strategy might be right. There are two people who betray Champ so they might team up. They are quite cunning. I think they might team up with Travolta, the guy who met Champ on the online MMO. Considering the mangaka tell us his name despite being a background character must mean that he play a part in this story somewhere.

Fed-Kun's army
I think I can figure out the general strategy

For example, let say in round 1, the banker point up and a player turn left. This round is a game of chance.

But then in round 2, the player can just copy the banker and turn upward (since the banker cannot point up again). The player can just use this strategy for the rest of the rounds.

However, the banker can counter this. Using the above example, the banker can also copy the player and point to the left in round 2. Then the banker and the player will both have "right" and "down" left to be use. This become a game of chance again.

Additionally, for the banker, it's best to copy the players with the most bios. Similarly, for the player, it's best to bet lower to avoid being the banker's target.

So, actually there's still quite a lot of luck involved in this strategy. I think most slaves will probably figure out this strategy and use it. I'm curious to see how Baku can come up with a better one.
You're really smart

Users who are viewing this thread