Usogui - Vol. 33 Ch. 356 - The Sneering Brother

Fed-Kun's army
@catx3
Thank you for the info and for fixing the typo!
For some reason I didn't consider the idea of Robert and Suteguma being half brothers. I like that idea, so I am going with it now. The reason I said Robert's hair is blonde is because he is blonde on his playing card (which were drawn by the author).
9eba0973f19880aedd04540b4aecfe12e8e8a16e.png
Some of the playing cards have minimal color/no color, but others like Robert's are in full color, so I consider the full color ones the character's canon colors.

pct01.png

Since anime studios sometimes take liberties regarding character colors, I would not trust the OVA/Pachinko colors as canon. As you said, Ranko's hair is blue in the OVA, but pink in the pachinko machine. I will also never understand why someone thought giving Yukiide bright blue hair was a good idea.
cc15ea12ebae5b4b91c02c1f96e0260d30344af5.png
Here is his playing card for comparison.

@Jonui
Adding to your guys' discussions on Ikon's vest. Even if you aren't actually playing the game, everyone on the island must wear the vest. The act of the refs wearing the vests shows the developers that they are compliant with the game's rules (being on the developers good side is very important of course). And if they don't, they would be considered outlaws. Also, was the facial recognition system mentioned before? (I can't remember...) Either way, Ikon probably wasn't even aware that there was a formal process to entering the island (he only puts on the vest because Amen tells him to). Now that I think about it, I don't know what the developers would think is worse: an unknown guy not wearing a vest or one wearing a vest that belonged to someone else. Wearing the vest says that he is following the rules, but it being associated with another person could make the developers think he stole it (and possibly killed the other person in the process).

@Doomroar
Martin was indeed blonde, but the blonde kid in the flashback is Robert. And the one with black hair is Suteguma (kid Suteguma and Robert are also in chapter 236).

Double-page supporter
@Ghetsis
Ah, interesting! I haven't taken a look at the cards since I wanted to avoid seeing new characters. Yeah, I think the cards being canon makes sense since they seem to be original illustrations. That makes me wonder if the author has something like an art book, or random illustrations of that sort. I know he shows Batuque stuff often right now but I tend to often the twitter since it's somewhat spoiler-y.

The shot of the OVA is quite cool too, never seen that before! Most of the colors are quite fitting. And yeah, what even is with Yukiiide's hair haha. I wonder if it's a case of the anime studio suggesting to add different colors for variety as you said, or a case of the author having not decided the color yet and changing his mind.

---

I think wearing a vest that belongs to someone else could be more worse, since it's like hiding the fact they're an illegal/outlaw in reality? Also I don't recall anything about the facial recognition system, though maybe it was tucked away in the background of a panel.

Users who are viewing this thread