Usogui - Vol. 34 Ch. 364 - Beatdown

Dex-chan lover
Kyadokura referred to Boro as "Boss", right? I'm interested in what that's supposed to imply.

And so begins Kaji's first gamble under the Ban. I wonder if new Kyadokura has a changed mindset from his previous supposed neutrality. Will be interesting to see.

So who's the referee that follows Marco and Lalo? since every Ban participant have one referee right? I've been interested in that. Was it that Nanpou guy for Marco? The referee following Lalo also missed his little rat with the astrological map.

Double-page supporter
@johan23

It's probably Nanpou for Lalo, it's hinted at in a few scenes (he was watching Lalo talk to Robert K privately in the colosseum, and he knew that Lalo had a match against citizens in the slave dorm).

For Marco, no idea. Since Kadokura picked up both Marco and Kaji, I guess Macro's referee is still just lurking around, unrevealed. It could also be Amen.

Fed-Kun's army
Bohoho. As always, thanks for the chapter!

I guess I was too excited about K(y)adokura surviving that I didn't consider the possibility that he got brain damage... That's pretty depressing... Even more depressing is that, according to Boro, he is repressing his personality changes, so he must be aware that he's a different person. I wonder if the current Kadokura would of spared Yukiide.
Anyway, excited for the next game. Floyd seems like a fun/smart character, so I really like him so far and am also excited to see Kaji gamble again.

@Veshv
I am interested in the "boss" line as well. Since they are messing with each other, it could just be a joke (a guess). The word he says in the original is "ontai." https://jisho.org/search/%E5%BE%A1%E5%A4%A7 I don't know the exact connotations of the word, but the dictionary website calls it a "familiar term." So it could imply that Kadokura and Boro are close?

@johan23
Nanpou is Lalo's. Marco's is still unknown. I wasn't even considering that Nanpou screwed up by allowing the map to reach the mainland. Nanpou...
Spoiler: if you really want to know who Marco's Protoporos ref is:
3baa0ecdebc28fd753733653a6298cb2c50b1353.png

Double-page supporter
Baku - Ikon
Kaji - Kadokura
Marco - ?
Hal - Manabe
Kyara - Mitaka

Lalo - Nanpou
Robert K - Douji
Floyd Lee - Boro
Fukurou - ?
Jonglyo - ?

I think Amen is an unassigned referee and appears to be the #2 on the island after Midara. In re-reading the arc since the players got on the island, he seems to be the one coordinating the other referees; the referees like Ikon and Douji appear to report to him, not Midara.

Nanpou is probably Lalo's assignment since he showed up at the Colosseum when Lalo did, and not earlier when Marco fought.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder just how capable Floyd is in a fight.

Users who are viewing this thread