Usogui - Vol. 36 Ch. 392 - The Plan To Become The "King"

Dex-chan lover
Oh. So he did go with cutting his finger. Wow. That seems a bit excessive and unnecessary. Why not just do something similar to his opponent? He's really reeling after Kyara's death. Pretty masochistic of him; he said he didn't regret anything and that they lived how they wanted to, but he still feels guilty despite knowing that's exactly how Kyara felt even when he knew his fate. Neronero was just out of his league. The insanity of a Kakerou match is not something easily grasped by an outsider.

@299792458 you mean cut your opponent's finger? how easy do you think that is. Also it's not over yet, Neronero can still cut fingers too

Dex-chan lover
@eltak There's also other ways to mess with the finger count. Like burn his hand, break his finger, etc. Baku is bad at violence but there is no rule prohibiting it and when it's his turn the enemies hand is still. It's definitely possible.

Fed-Kun's army
@299792458
I agree that Baku can't get over Kyara's death. It's actually quite shocking that Baku got hurt from a gamble like this, Nero certainly isn't as strong as Suteguma.

Also, I don't think that Baku is the type of person that will cut off his opponent finger, we haven't see Baku do any harm to his opponents (aside from the opponents who died but they were betting their life). Plus, Nero is an ordinary person who have no connection to the underground and Baku know that, cutting off his finger seems a bit too cruel for someone like Baku to do.

Dex-chan lover
@RapidLord I probably agree about Baku not being the type to cut his opponents finger off (even though it'll probably still be possible to reattach if they don't wait long), I guess I just think it'd be better to hurt the enemy than hurting oneself. I also think that there are other ways in which Baku could've forced Neronero to show the wrong number of fingers and thus lose automatically. But I underestimated how much of an impact Kyara's death had on him, since he definitely isn't in a good mental state right now, so obviously he wouldn't go with safer or easier routes, and it's quite fitting that he'd go for the most masochistic option to punish himself out of guilt. I like how Yakou perfectly prepared his handkerchief for his cut finger. Now all that's left to see is whether or not Neronero has the balls to do the same thing.

Fed-Kun's army
@299792458
I think you're right about him punishing himself. I think to represent the fact that Kyara died, Baku cut of his finger, essentially him "losing his arm" somewhat.

Neronero definitely don't have the guts to do that, his face in p.g 14 says it all lol

So he did it.... I agree with the reasoning that Baku is still affected by Kyara's death.

But this is still shocking.

Dex-chan lover
My first thought was he would cut it off, and then I thought that was too violent for Baku to willingly go through. Clearly, this emotional Usogui is a lot more reckless than before though. Neronero was way in over his head, thinking he could handle a Kakerou member, much less Baku.

@Veshv Neronero is not that bad actually. He is pretty decent and he could have been a quite good Kakerou member. But he has no class... and I do agree that he don't seem to be worthy of Baku's finger.

Nothing matters any longer. Only the victory justifies the cost.

@299792458
"Oh. So he did go with cutting his finger. Wow. That seems a bit excessive and unnecessary. " Possibly, this seemingly unnecessary behavior will yield valuable results later. Usogui fights that way.

Dex-chan lover
So what was the first portion about? Was he too lost in the game itself to remember that his plan was to cut off his own finger, only reminded by his cigar?

Users who are viewing this thread