Usogui - Vol. 36 Ch. 392 - The Plan To Become The "King"

@Lithe He had to have one free hand to cut his finger. And I guess he was still shaken and he needed pain in order to overcome that..

@299792458 guess we just have to disagree. I don't see how a burned/broken finger would not count (actually you lose when all fingers are pointed out OR if you point out the wrong number so breaking teh finger is insta-loss).
Also no way Baku can cut his opponent's finger, not fast/strong enough

Cutting his finger or dealing with the clock (since it's not a referee managing it) were the 2 options

Fed-Kun's army
Did I read the previous chapter wrong, or was there a correction?
I was so sure BK mentioned "5 fingers" when he confirmed the rules, and not "all the fingers".

Anyway, I like how this is reminiscent of that gamble with the peroxide tube. Baku bit his lip to bleed when Kyara got burnt. And now he cuts off his pinky in front of Yakou who broke his hand to become #0.
I think Baku did this just to show his determination to Yakou, as well as his gratitude. Neronero is not worth it, indeed, but it's not really about him. It's about stopping grieving for Kyara, and acknowledging the new #0 as a true ally. The finger landing on the handkerchief is pretty symbolic too.

Dex-chan lover
@eltak If you break the opponents finger and then touch their hand, they won't be able to point out the correct number of fingers, thus losing automatically. If you burn the opponents hand and then touch their hand, they might be reeling and hurting from the burn and point out the wrong number of fingers, thus losing automatically. Cutting off his own finger was NOT Baku's only option here. There were definitely other ways. He is not in a proper state of mind and is more reckless than usual. But as someone said before this seemingly reckless behavior might have unforeseen benefits, which would be normal from Baku, so we shall see on that.

Dex-chan lover
Well Neronero did say he would help Baku with his gamble, does that means he will stay on the island to help him as a highclass player? or does he has to leave as a greed by the kakerou gamble?

Dex-chan lover
@Doomroar
Assuming Neronero wasn't taunting Baku with that line, it's basically up to Baku to convince Yakou to ignore the conditions of the gamble, if he wanted Neronero's help. But considering Baku probably wouldn't gain very much from agreeing, I believe Neronero will be exiled.

@Jonui
You were likely remembering what you read wrong. Baku established "all" fingers of a hand rather than 5 the entire time. I agree with your thoughts on why Baku would give up his finger in this match. Yakou already seems to reciprocate the sentiment, since he brought out his handkerchief.

Someone posted the finger chopping page on my Twitter and that's why I eventually read usogui.

At first I didn't understand why but I think Baku has been hit with the sense of sacrifice that his allies have gone through for him including losing their lives. What's one finger with stakes like this right ??

Wait...if the time limit is 5 minutes now can't nero just wait every round while baku loses blood untill he faints

That is if he would leave the wound like that for the rest of the game

Dex-chan lover
He cut his own finger off to share the pain of losing Kyara. It's something that he's been shown time and time again to do
He bit his lip to bleed when Kyara got hit by the peroxide, did it again after seeing Yakou fight, lost an eye to see Yakou fight and did CPR and compressions to revive Marco despite knowing it could lead to his defeat and death.
The point is Baku is a true sweetheart

Dex-chan lover
It's been almost a week since I've started searching everywhere to know how tf did Baku lose a finger. You may be wondering how did I know the finger thing if I didn't read the whole thing... I just read half of the first arc, jumped to the sequel, noticed the missing finger, and OCD'd like a madman since then. I'm just glad it's over... I'll check a little more of this nice stuff and be over with this huge mess that is U S O G U I .

never noticed he's doing suteguma's pose from a chapter title page on 17

Users who are viewing this thread