Usogui - Vol. 36 Ch. 394 - The Mechanics Of Kings

Double-page supporter
@Veshv

I think Nobuko was already level 100, or close to it. The devs mentioned she was the most senior player, and she was already high class during the fortress incident.

But yeah, Hal finding her is way too coincidental. The outlaws that ambushed her were supposed to be under Jonglyo's control at the time, so was Hal just stalking high-class players and waiting for an opportunity? We know that he did a gamble at the slave dorm of Shoudo too, so he could've got information about the Shoudo high classes from them. He could've also turned those slaves into a separate outlaw group as well, and used them.

@TetrisGuy
Great catch! I totally thought his face meant something else. Makes the scene a whole lot funnier.

Dex-chan lover
@catx3

I forgot about the gamble, you're right about that, good catch! Bit confused about her talking about finally reaching high class on this page, but maybe it's just lamenting that her hard work ended up meaning nothing: https://mangadex.org/chapter/759295/5
Alternatively it could mean that garnering Bios is typically a lot harder than leveling, so the 80k or whatever requirement was harder to reach than the level.

Double-page supporter
@Veshv

Yeah, that line definitely sounds like it could mean either. If Hal did something to train her up to 100, I suppose we'll see. We've no idea what he's been up to with Nobuko after all, besides making her a king.

Also that scene is pretty suspicious. I thought there were more outlaws for some reason, but it was only 2. Plus we didn't even see Hal beat them up.

Dex-chan lover
re-reading this arc, my favorite running gag of the entire series has to be the referees reaction when they first see the leader
i mean just look at yakou's face on page 16
nanpou is so confused his teeth are almost shattering
i love it.

Users who are viewing this thread